Manhattan Reefs

Manhattan Reefs (https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   When women get involed with a tank build. (https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/general-discussion/169989-when-women-get-involed-tank-build.html)

Mark2480 04-29-2016 09:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Day time and night time.

reefiness 04-30-2016 12:13 AM

What an ugly tank. :p

KuyaMark 04-30-2016 05:24 AM

Wow good job beautiful tank

Mark2480 04-30-2016 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KuyaMark (Post 1685550)
Wow good job beautiful tank

Thank you.

lanacane214 04-30-2016 08:48 PM

How many hours of work a week would you say you do on tank? Just curious .tank looks amazing

Mark2480 04-30-2016 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lanacane214 (Post 1685689)
How many hours of work a week would you say you do on tank? Just curious .tank looks amazing

.

Thank you.

Maintance on this tank is done once every three weeks. I do a 30 gallon water change and swap out the two reactors. I heat the water the night before so it takes me about an hour or so to get it done. That's about it I tried to set this tank up so I could enjoy it more and work on it less.

CDANN76 05-04-2016 03:52 PM

Awesome tank. Very clean and open.

duromega 05-04-2016 05:53 PM

looks great!

Mark2480 05-04-2016 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefiness (Post 1685538)
What an ugly tank. :p

That's what I keep saying lol.

Mark2480 05-04-2016 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDANN76 (Post 1686520)
Awesome tank. Very clean and open.

Thank you.

Mark2480 05-04-2016 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duromega (Post 1686543)
looks great!

Thank you.

Mark2480 12-08-2016 12:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Its been awhile but managed to grab a quick picture of the tank. I added a 40 breeder to the system as a frag/grow out tank. Just want to say thank you to my friends Sam for drilling the 40 breeder and Mike who generosity gave me a light to use on it. Ok bad cellphone picture but you get the idea.

reefiness 12-08-2016 12:43 AM

Congrats, you're tank had a baby too!

Mark2480 01-22-2017 03:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My tank got an upgrade a few days ago thanks to my wife, 3 Echotech Radion G4 pros. Also a big thank you to reefiness for coming over to help me run the wires and get them up and running.

SIReefer 01-22-2017 05:30 PM

Mark and Gerard - 2 nice reefers and 2 - er I mean 4 great looking tanks (almost forgot the baby tanks):)

reefiness 01-22-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIReefer (Post 1726425)
Mark and Gerard - 2 nice reefers and 2 - er I mean 4 great looking tanks (almost forgot the baby tanks):)

Marks tank is way nicer... Haha. Especially now with these new lights up on it.

Mark2480 01-23-2017 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIReefer (Post 1726425)
Mark and Gerard - 2 nice reefers and 2 - er I mean 4 great looking tanks (almost forgot the baby tanks):)

Thanks.

editour2 01-23-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark2480 (Post 1726405)
My tank got an upgrade a few days ago thanks to my wife, 3 Echotech Radion G4 pros. Also a big thank you to reefiness for coming over to help me run the wires and get them up and running.

Tank looks great......how do you like the G4's over the G3's? Have you noticed a substantial difference? Also, are those Jebao pumps you're using for internal flow? If so, are those rw15's or 20's? I have a similar sized tank (215 gal DT) and use two Jebao RW 20's, (plus 2 x Tunze 6105's on seasweeps on the back wall), for internal flow.
Frank

JuanSalgado 01-23-2017 12:08 PM

I Love The Set Up Of The 2 Tanks. Good Stuff.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

reefiness 01-23-2017 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by editour2 (Post 1726630)
Tank looks great......how do you like the G4's over the G3's? Have you noticed a substantial difference? Also, are those Jebao pumps you're using for internal flow? If so, are those rw15's or 20's? I have a similar sized tank (215 gal DT) and use two Jebao RW 20's, (plus 2 x Tunze 6105's on seasweeps on the back wall), for internal flow.
Frank

Those are jebao 15s in there although hes changing them to the new rossmont or what ever brand that is thats new at BRS

Mark2480 01-23-2017 07:00 PM

Reefiness is correct those are the 15's in there but i'm going to give the rossmont pumps a try, I got the waver in today and should have the pumps in on Friday. As for they lights i used to have shadowing in the back but that's gone now. My wife was looking at the tank yesterday and said everything looked nicer and the colors of the corals were much brighter so she noticed a difference.

reefiness 01-23-2017 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark2480 (Post 1726704)
Reefiness is correct those are the 15's in there but i'm going to give the rossmont pumps a try, I got the waver in today and should have the pumps in on Friday. As for they lights i used to have shadowing in the back but that's gone now. My wife was looking at the tank yesterday and said everything looked nicer and the colors of the corals were much brighter so she noticed a difference.

Good to hear the wife likes them :teeth:

Mark2480 04-16-2018 05:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Its been a while since I updated this. The tank was looking to crowded so I cut a bunch of stuff and took out some rocks. I basically went back to the three Island look. I think I like it better now that it is a bit more open.

Mark2480 04-16-2018 05:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Left side

Mark2480 04-16-2018 06:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Center

Mark2480 04-16-2018 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Right side

Mark2480 04-16-2018 06:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Frag tank

Zuska 04-16-2018 09:15 PM

Nice frag tank!

Mark2480 04-17-2018 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuska (Post 1798337)
Nice frag tank!


Thank you.

Lenny718 04-18-2018 03:01 AM

Damn the frag tank is filled, I gotta stop by lol


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 AM.