Dopler

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man i must be crazy but with all the accidental fragging i've been doing i set myself up a 5 gallon nano hex eclipse.I customised the hood to hold 2 15W pc's.I put 3 pounds of live rock and about 5 pounds of live sand.So far i have zoo's yellow polyps,a red shroom and some xenia.This hobby's getting out of control

[ July 18, 2003, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Dopler ]

Dopler

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jim mine are looking pretty good too,I finally put that other PC setup i got from you on the tank.It looks great now,I have close to 8 watts per gallon.The sps are lovin it.I gotta get down there and check out that new setup of yours,It looks real nice in the pics.I'll give you a call over the weekend.In the mean time i'll post some new nano pics

A

apparent

Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Speakin of nanos I will be setting up a 10g now after selling my larger tank...setup is as follows:

10g AGA
PFO 250w DE HQI mini pendant
100w ebo jager heater
2 minijet 606 powerheads
15lbs LR / 15lbs LS
2 false perculas
AquaClear 300 with biomedia taken out and filled with LR rubble
10-15% weekly W/C
*By the way it will be SPS only

[ July 17, 2003, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: apparent ]

Dopler

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
apparent..that sounds like its going to be a awsome set up..I basicly did this because i was tired of seeing loose zoo's and xenia and shrooms in the sand bed..I'll post some pics tomorow..The eclipse set up is pretty cool its got a filter and bio wheel in the hood..I ripped out the light and rigged up 2 15w pc's and man its bright.I'd never attempt sps in it but the softies so far love the lights...only draw back is my wifes ready to hang me,unless i put a couple seahorses in there

[ July 17, 2003, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Dopler ]

A

apparent

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never worked with Eclipse systems but I hear people that use them for nanos take that biowheel out all together got that info from nano-reef.com. Read through countless forums from multiple sources reefcentral.com reefs.org nano-reef.com before planning out this setup. Sounds like a cool setup you got there though.

[ July 17, 2003, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: apparent ]

A

apparent

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHA @ seahorses...you aren't alone on that one my friend my fiancces been wanting one of those forever but I've convinced her they are no good in reef tanks

Toe'Knee

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have that same Hex tank and I've had it for about a month just sitting on my snakes tank. The tank was/is for my girlfriend ;) . I was going to do a nano but since I have the 2.5 at work and currently setting up the 7 bow at home. I think I'm gonna put a couple of sea horses in the Hex with some shrimp, macro and live rock, also with some red algae I got from Foster and Smith. I'll post some pics when I start.

Toe'Knee

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey H.O.H I'll take the fuge, I can use it on my 7 at home. Let me knw how much and I'll have it mon if u stop by. The light u let me hold mr. Hill is willing to buy it off u for his fuge, perfect fit. Any frags? If so u knw I'll buy those as well. If u want that aga 7 bow stp by sat if u can I'll hook u up;)...and u gotta chk out wht I did with ths old aqu. Kit./tool box. Made a hood out of it for the 2.5 at wrk. Chk u lata. And thanx for all the help on the tank(s).

Dopler

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jim,i'll take the skilter off your hands.let me know when your ready.I'll give you a call tomorow,if its ok i'll take a ride to check out your new set up.I got to do a small business network in the morning,and pick up another hunk of liverock for the nano, :D so it'll be in the evening if thats ok.talk to ya soon bud
Nick

[ July 19, 2003, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: Dopler ]

Dave ESPI

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL

nanobowl.gif

Bestestess fiesh tank evarr.

Rilu818 asks: "Hay Guyz.... Waht do I need 4 a nano reef tank?"

LOL

[ July 21, 2003, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Dave ESPI ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: