Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have had losses due to black outs, power outages and equipment failure coupled with a heat wave. But this one was due to my little girl feeding my fish and dropping one of the oxygen depletion packets into the tank.

Business has been tough the past couple of years... I am tempted to just throw in the towel and sell off everything. Dunno... Definitely will tear down my 180, but need to give serious thought to what I will do with my 40.

Best,

Alfred

Jlavine

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Wow. I'm so sorry to hear. I recently had a similar experience (on a smaller scale) and I know the feeling. Stick with it as this hobby brings so may joys (and heartbreaks). When you're back up and running, I'll help with frags.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Alfredo read a good thread about a guy who had a crash but left tank running bare min return pump and heater only thing he did was top it off anyway long story short after about a yr or so he started working on it again and came back full force tank was better then ever!!
Hope u take a well deserved break and when u get the itch come back with bang!!
GL

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I have had losses due to black outs, power outages and equipment failure coupled with a heat wave. But this one was due to my little girl feeding my fish and dropping one of the oxygen depletion packets into the tank.

Business has been tough the past couple of years... I am tempted to just throw in the towel and sell off everything. Dunno... Definitely will tear down my 180, but need to give serious thought to what I will do with my 40.

Best,

Alfred

sorry to hear but i think you should keep the 180 and get rid of the 40. i think you will out grow the 40 real fast. i feel the 180 is more stable with water
parameters.
LMK if i can help you out with a couple of frags to get you going.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Ok, so I took a break for a while and I am now back. I spent several hours the past few days doing another large water change and cleaning things up. I started dosing and added a tiny RBTA I got for $8 and some turbo snails and scarlet hermits.

The 180 is at my office, the 40 is at home... The 180 is basically "dormant". I may set it up as fish only or do something else. Maybe tear it down. Don't know yet. But eventually will decide. If I get it going again it will be a major expense. I would need to change out my Metal Halides for LED's and I need to get a new controller. So chances are that won't happen for some time!

Anyone that offered free frags I would appreciate them. (Looking for colorful shrooms, softies and maybe will eventually buy a frag of really colorful acans.)

Alfred

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
It is amazing what a water change, changing carbon and just two days of dosing 2 part calcium can do! Only three days since I started my reboot and I am seeing new coraline growth, algae is disappearing and the RBTA I bought that was the size of a quarter and just about dead is the size of two half dollar coins and happy! My one surviving coral (a toadstool frag) also looks very happy.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: