Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2006, 12:06 AM
Reefer Ratings: (44 (100%)
Friends: (7)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by prattreef View Post
Don't blame me, I just give the stuff away. RD
I'm not blaming anybody. But, like you, I don't like segregation, so don't blame me for being surprised by this thread.

"I sincerely believe.....that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity under the name of funding is but swindling futurity on a large scale."
-Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by ShaunW; 10-23-2006 at 12:11 AM..
Old 10-23-2006, 12:38 AM
Reefer Ratings: (13 (93%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message
Solbby,

Hang on there. Lets read between the lines a little more closely. This thread is not promoting the exclusivity of owning a Duncan frag. It is a play off of another thread that I started in the for sale/for trade section.

There were a lot comments about what was appropriate and not appropriate to trade a frag for and who should be able to own a frag (most of it in jest). I personally do not necessarily believe in the exclusive coral owner idea and just wanted to find out who had a frag. The name itself is from humor posted in the other thread.

E

Last edited by ezee; 10-23-2006 at 12:40 AM..
Old 10-23-2006, 01:27 AM
Reefer Ratings: (44 (100%)
Friends: (7)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Solbby,

Hang on there. Lets read between the lines a little more closely. This thread is not promoting the exclusivity of owning a Duncan frag. It is a play off of another thread that I started in the for sale/for trade section.
Sorry but that is hard to figure out. Is there some subtile meaning behind "Duncan Limited Society" that I am missing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
There were a lot comments about what was appropriate and not appropriate to trade a frag for and who should be able to own a frag (most of it in jest). I personally do not necessarily believe in the exclusive coral owner idea and just wanted to find out who had a frag. The name itself is from humor posted in the other thread.

E
Yeah, I saw that, luckly many reefers don't believe that way, otherwise my tank would not exist. Dictating and promoting who should and should not "own" a frag I will leave up to you, I guess ,to figure out and judge.

"I sincerely believe.....that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity under the name of funding is but swindling futurity on a large scale."
-Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by ShaunW; 10-23-2006 at 01:42 AM..
Old 10-23-2006, 01:38 AM
www.saltwatercritters.com
Reefer Ratings: (211 (100%)
Friends: (80)
Send a Private Message
I'm on the outside looking in

swimmer
Old 10-23-2006, 09:39 AM
Send a Private Message
Solbby,

Quote:
Originally Posted by solbby View Post
Sorry but that is hard to figure out. Is there some subtile meaning behind "Duncan Limited Society" that I am missing?
Yeah, I saw that, luckly many reefers don't believe that way, otherwise my tank would not exist. Dictating and promoting who should and should not "own" a frag I will leave up to you, I guess ,to figure out and judge.
I figured that you did not realize that the name was a play, hence the previous post before things got out of whack.

I don't have a particular opinion about what other folks do with their corals. I personally don't prize one coral over another because of the scarcity or go out of my way to collect particularly rare corals.

On the other hand, other folks have gone through a lot to get a frag and if they feel that means something to them, I respect that.

Either way, I don't feel it is my place to judge.

E
Old 10-23-2006, 09:40 AM
Send a Private Message
Russ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterswimmer View Post
I'm on the outside looking in

swimmer
Check out my thread Duncans for Zoos, for sale/for trade.

E