Rating - 100%
64   0   0
hey guys i am going to be ordering a phosban reactor by TLF... i have a couple of questions..

i figure this thread could be helpful to the community in case anyone in the future would like to set one up themselves and no what to order and use...

-I was wondering what maxijet would be best for the reactor... MINI JET 404 and 606

-what is the best phosphate stuff around.. phosban... Phosban is a good choice

-Im sure im gonna need tubing, size of tubing. Homedepot 1/2" Internal diameter.

-other then that anything else comes to mind that im gonna need before i place the order....
-what is the amount of either phosphate material do i need for my system..

when i recieve the unit the phosban (spelling) come in a bag right?.. do i put the bag inside the reactor or empty the stuff into the reactor... Place media into reactor (bag not used)

guys any help before i place the order tonite would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance
tony

Here is my order placed @ marinedepot.com.... other then the stuff listed all you need to do is go to the Home depot and pick up the tubing.. ;)

Attachments

• whattoorder.jpg
    whattoorder.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
p44662b.jpg
p34061b.jpg
p1096b.jpg

Just buy the reactor, the Media and the Mini-Jet(which you can adjust by the flow by the switch on the pump. The reactor comes with everything you need to get the filter going, hose, cut-off value and instructions.

150g jar treats 150gal. Media comes with a bag but all you do is pour the media in the reactor, no bag, and turn the pump on. You want to make sure the flow isn't strong, so the media just tumbles in the reactor, otherwise it was break down into powder and pour into your tank.

Last edited:

Hotwheels

Hotwheels
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
You might want to check reef exotics. I think the have a special.
I run carbon in the reactor as well, also from two lil' fishes.
I use a mini 404 no need to go strong. a valve is provided with the kit to control the flow. slower is better.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: