P1010081.JPG
P1010073.JPG

P1010059.JPG

P1010064.JPG

Last edited:
Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
I just added a few new pics.
1) Peppermint hog (B. matsudai) I've had this one a while as the only inhabitant in a 75g. for months. I understand the risk,but SO FAR, he is playing nice with the new fairy wrasses-- I think he was lonely. LOL
2) C. pylei male
3) bad shot of the C. pylei pair
4) C. labouti juvenile male
5) Malacanthus brevirostris ( Flagtail Blanquillo)
6) Halichoeres biocellatus adult male ???--- something from the H. melanurus, ornatissmus, etc complex anyway. Already eating red planaria flatworms:)
Randy

Last edited:

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Good stuff Randy, glad to see you got a replacement hog as well. How big is he, are the wrasses smaller or larger? I would be curious to see how he treats them after a weeks time. Best of luck with the beautiful additions!

I also just picked up a female pylei today from House of Fin, and decided not to sell my vanuatu pylei :)

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Thanks Steven. The hog is maybe 2 1/2-3"( considerably smaller than the one I got from you) but definitely bigger than all the others. I was/am preparing for the worst, but he has barely taken a half hearted run at them so far. I'll keep you informed, but I'll never catch him without taking the rock out, so I'm cautiously optimistic. Did yours play nice at first and then attack? or did it cause trouble right from the start?
Randy

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Did yours play nice at first and then attack? or did it cause trouble right from the start?
Randy

Thats a nice size Randy, don't see them that small very often. My hog didn't even noticed the two flashers in the begining. I think after 2-3 weeks if not sooner it started to attack them until one day they the flashers were missing.

Hopefully you won't have a problem with yours because of its size, and plus your fairy wrasses are pretty tough compare to the puny flashers that i lossed.

Good luck,
Steven

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: