PVsPlayhouse

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Does anyone know what HD or Loews that has white play sand from old castle,
yardright play sand or soutdown sand? Im going to be making a Removable DSB and need arount 150 lbs or more.
Thanks
PV

chuck

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That sand is 100% silica sand... I have it and I also have the old castle Southdown and it is completely different. you can tell just by the feel (i got my southdown from wood kingdom They make wooden swing and play ground sets)
The old Southdown aragonite sand is almost unobtainable It is rumored that you still can get it in PA but when I go there I can not find it.
I buy my agagonite sand from JCAQUATICS ([email protected]) they are located on LI (home buisness)
they are actually cheaper then the mail order. get a price quote from cindy or joe on the brand of aragonite your looking for.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Chuck - kolorscape is not 100% silica - Durascape is and is the only sand that HD is not carrying.

Kolorscape is 1/2 and 1/2 - southdown/oldcastle or whatever and silica. It passes the vinegar test . . . . . . and I have been using in my system for over 9 months to no ill affect and good bacteria colonies.

FWIW

House

PVsPlayhouse

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
This sand is going to be put into a 25gl bucket. It is just for nitrate removal. House how much you sell it for and were are you located.
I will let you know about the Kalk reactor when I get home from work. But it is great.

PVsPlayhouse

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
All it is, is a DSB in a bucket or removable DSB. Its like a Nitrate reactor but cheaper and last around 1.5 to 2 years before you have to replace the sand. But it is easy all you have to do is romove the bucket and your done. Most people use a 5gl pal that you have your salt that good for a 90 tank. I have a 120 so Im going to go with a 25gl buck in my attic. The bigger the better.

PVsPlayhouse

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
BTW, can you post a picture of your Aqua Medic Kalkwasser Reactor and maybe give us a review on it?

I am thinking about getting one but I don't like any of the Aqua Medic products I have owned.

The Kalk reactor works great. I like the fact that all Water has to go through the kalk before it goes into my tank. I have ran it for over a year now with np and The guy I got it off of ran for a year before that with np. I like it better then the stirrers just because the way the water go through the kalk. If you have any Questions about it you can PM me. Here is a pic of my set up with the reactor.
P2070162.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: