Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm a person who is very loyal, and I like to support local business...therefore I buy stuff from Russ @ Saltwatercritters.com and manhattan aquariums here in the city. I have to say though, lately, manhattan aquariums hasn't been cutting it. Every time I go in there the coral selection is pretty bad or its been reserved for their service clients.

So where do you buy from? I typically don't buy online because of the shipping costs.

I feel like I need to start looking though, unless manhattan aquariums decides to clean up their act a bit.

BKreefbaby

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
i buy at SaltyH20marine or POP CORALS both are in brooklyn both are great LFS with great owners who look out for you as long your friendly. I have no complaints about either they both give honest answers if you ask for the truth about a certain product or whatever. you should check them out and Saltyh20marine has a website

BKreefbaby

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
No problem man I'm also looking for other stores myself I like to have options...I was in LI last weekend checking out some spots...Those stores are my quick go to stores since they are in my my area but they are great stores none the less

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
We all like to support our LFS. But when getting coral it's pretty hard getting good stuff. Simply Mariculture is out there. Their nice but are harder to adapt. When coming to get SPS its better getting them from someone that has than growing and can frag them. Plenty of members here sell or trade here. Just keep checking Market. Also good place to meet some good people.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
ACC has very nice coral at more than fair pricing if special is running and the guys in the shop are very friendly and knowledgable. If say the majority of coral that has been in my tanks the last few years has been from people on this forum though

Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Pops and Coral Theory in BK, Aquarium Village in Westbury, Buying off other reefers, Fish Town USA in Queens has some great prices sometimes. I'd recommend this place only during a sale

Manhattan has always been good but even after really gentle acclimation, the last few things i bought from their died within a week, with the exception of 1 acan.

jnelson

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Fish Town USA and Kissena Aquarium in Queens have some nice finds sometimes, can be hit or miss. Aquarium Village in Westbury has a huge selection, been a real fan of them lately. Tropical Island Aquarium in Deer Park is great too, but it's a bit of a hike from the city.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: