Dan 0139

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to a fish store that I have never been to near Roosevelt Field Mall. This store had a sign $1 a gallon sale. Then in small print it said something like there is a $50 or $75 surcharge. A 55 gallon tank would have cost $2 a gallon with the surcharge. I forgot the name of the store but what a scam.

I walked out of that place and went to aquarium village and got my $600 worth of fish and 2 qt tanks from them.

Dan 0139

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really a mistake. I got to see how crappy the store is. I never even heard of this place. My girlfriend had to go to an arts and crafts store and this place was next store.

The crappy service I could deal with. The two employees were looking at pictures of Catlin Jenner while I am waiting around. I asked for help one employee told me to wait a minute. I waited 3 and then went to Aquarium Village. Putting a sign in the window saying a $1 a gallon and then having a hidden surcharge is scumy. At least put the surcharge price on the sighing in the window.

2slow95vert

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I've been to this pets warehouse as well as the one on sunrise highway. They do sell the common size smaller tanks at $1 a gallon. I believe the 75 and 90(could be 55 and 75) are that price plus $20. I recently bought a 75 to use as a sump for $95. This was cheaper than Aquarium village, who would not price match. Also the surcharge price IS on the flyer on the front door.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: