Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
As the pieces to my 57g slowly begin to come together, im beginning to focus more and more on the plumbing of the tank. I want to install a manifold to run GFO, Carbon and 2 others for just in case. I just dont know where to do the manifold in line or in sequence. Ideas would be great. Below are pictures that are not to scale in any way shape and or form.

In%20Line__zpsuudctm1j.jpg

or

In%20Sequence_zpswbnlhnr1.jpg

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I have mine the second option you posted. I have an oversized return pump so theres not really an issue with any restrictions to flow for me. I still get plenty more than i need returned to the tank.

edit: And if you want, you can check out the way i have mine in my new tank thread which is linked in my signature. One of the pics shows the manifold i made and it works fine.

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
just have a good pump so you dont loose any pressure whenyou have all the reactors running, id pick a good dc pump like the waveline or reef octopus so you can up the flow as you add reactors and not have to choke the pump

I have mine the second option you posted. I have an oversized return pump so theres not really an issue with any restrictions to flow for me. I still get plenty more than i need returned to the tank.

edit: And if you want, you can check out the way i have mine in my new tank thread which is linked in my signature. One of the pics shows the manifold i made and it works fine.

+1. Love my setup. I have a dct 6000 n its way overpowered (1000gph) i run it on level 1

Attachments

• File May 31, 12 19 28 AM.jpg
    File May 31, 12 19 28 AM.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 24

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: