william_acker

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I've been noticing some dark growth in my live rock. It's a redish purpleish color. It's not coralline bc my tank is too new for that and don't have prefect parameters. I do not have phosphates I've tested and am running chemi pure and gfo reactor. Flows not the problem as I have a 400 gph power head on the area with the darkest growth.

Any advice will help! Thanks

4c6365fb4a83b6640d2c78e46ba91010.jpg

You can see it next to the torch and above the gsp.

Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
i agree, looks like cyno, i have the same thing currently happening in my tank. what are the phosphate levels? if it gets worse, dont dose, but let it rid eout for a bit, they will eat up your phosphate... if it still gets bad, chemiclean works

Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
don't dose chemiclean or anything to clean it up just yet. Honestly let it grow out and see what it is. no fish eats cyno, its water quality related.

ironically, my cyno is causing all of my corals to pop open and everything is growing... maybe its coincidence

bartmalave

"Starting Over"
Vendor
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
its part of cycle keep ur para on check, keep cleaning as much as u can out, dont over feed, u can can turn off lights, all temp mesures time si best ,and hang on for the ride good luck

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: