menac

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hi
I was looking at my sump ref just now and I normaly get some light red algea when the light turn on at night. My cycle is from 8-5am.

Is it possible for this algea that's on my sumps sand bed and sump wall to transfer into my main display? The algea is normally visibility when my light is on.
I was just curious and asking in case I need to tweak somethingto avoid this.
Thanks

menac

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Thanks. I was went ahead and matted my cheato down to cover the sand bed. It seems to have worked. I also cut back on the light cycle for the refegium I have it on now for 5 hours instead of 8.

Aquadicted

Bill Goody Aquariums
Vendor
Rating - 96.4%
27   1   0
Thanks. I was went ahead and matted my cheato down to cover the sand bed. It seems to have worked. I also cut back on the light cycle for the refegium I have it on now for 5 hours instead of 8.

Why?? More algae growth in fuge is good. The more plants you pull out of there, the more waste you've pulled out of your tank. Don't decrease light on fuge...

menac

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
That what I think he's talking about and if so I would run so gfo or chemipure elite. Also test for you po4 and no3

I think it was a bit of cyano before. I do have gfo running and chemi pure blue. It has settled down dramatically after I adjusted the light cycle. What I have now I believe it's coraline in the sump. It's now purple in color or maybe I am just color blind. I am using a 36 watt bulb. I am also starting to see coraline in the main display.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 50

menac

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Here's a shot of the tank. My pride and joy. Bare with me its a very new tank.
It's a bit dark but just took this pic now with an old iPhone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 37

menac

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Thanks. No it's not cyano that's just the lighting plus shadows its giving off that appearance.
Here's a shot with the white lights. I have my lights on for 8 hours

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 30

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: