Smotz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I went to 'the new store' and the dudes were hanging out, chatting with me about the hobby, their families, the weather, etc. It was a very comfortable environment. I wanted to grab a beer and sit on their couch!
When I go to the other bigger store, it feels just like that - a department store.
Take it for what its worth. Me, I like to hang and feel welcomed.

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I havent made it past the reef shoppe yet, hear Edwin is over there, yall right every store gets different things here and there, so I will.

Last edited:

winsbxnyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
How about you stop talking **** on proples threads and come see me in person bioman you always trying to belittle other members but you hide behind your computer cause last time i checked nelson is a friend of mine he is the only person at max reef i deal with its funny when i was on the phone with nelson he knows y i posted the thread so you can keep your comments of my thread your a non factor in this thread you got anything to day you address me or juan in person im calling you in front of everyone aint no kids over here im a grown man dont let the hobby fool u ill see u soon

Mano29

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Winsbx and Juan don't waste ur time wit ppl dat jus talking **** ppl on this r trying to make it a reef shop vs hot reef I don't know u winsbx and I met Juan a few time at reef shop kool dude don't waste ya time wit him

Last edited:

Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm not sure what place you're talking about as I live in Manhattan and don't venture north too often, mostly manhattan, brooklyn and jersey. I had my issues with one LFS and I vented in a nice way on the forum, and they immediately worked very hard to correct the situation. Since then I've had good luck.

I took the initiative to contact the store owner first, gave him the opportunity to make a difference. When the response from him was terrible, I went to the forums and posted a well written post that didn't bash them, but explained the issues I have. If you're diplomatic with your approach, you can probably make a difference for many.

My .02

By the way, if anyone wouldn't mind PM'ing me, I'd love to know the names of the stores that are good north of here.`

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: