Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2015, 10:06 AM
LE Coral Killer
Moderator: This member is a Moderator. - Issue reason:  
Reefer Ratings: (143 (100%)
Friends: (65)
Send a Private Message My Facebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfchk09 View Post
Why did you guys change the venue??? No parking
The venue wasn't changed. Its still at Pace.
If you mean why wasn't it at Pratt, we choose location based on availability and Pratt is not available. If you have other locations as a suggestions in the future, we are open to hearing them.

Click this picture to find the answers to almost every reef question!
Old 11-08-2015, 08:52 PM
SweetWasabi
Reefer Ratings: (12 (100%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message
awesome frag swap

Had a great first time! Thank you everyone for such a great experience!!!!!!!!!

WHOOT
Old 11-08-2015, 09:01 PM
in the coral sea...
Reefer Ratings: (47 (100%)
Friends: (19)
Send a Private Message My Facebook View Josh's Twitter Profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetWasabi View Post
Had a great first time! Thank you everyone for such a great experience!!!!!!!!!

WHOOT
I'm really glad you had a great time! Next time please introduce yourself. I hope you got some cool free frags from the front tank.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:03 PM
Reefer Ratings: (13 (100%)
Friends: (20)
Send a Private Message
Just got home fro the SWAP. Had a great time, met some old friends and heard the speakers. I think Christine's talk about "Eating your Reef" was one of the most interesting talks I have ever heard at one of these events. I enjoyed it immensely.
I couldn't stay for the drawing of the prizes so I hope people got what they wanted.
I was extremely happy to see Kathy there, she looks great.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:05 PM
SweetWasabi
Reefer Ratings: (12 (100%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
I'm really glad you had a great time! Next time please introduce yourself. I hope you got some cool free frags from the front tank.
Yeah, I totally over bought stuff and now have no room and won some salt and a pump. THANK YOU!
Old 11-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Reefer Ratings: (60 (100%)
Friends: (10)
Send a Private Message
I had a great time , despite josh following me around trying to buy all the frags I wanted. I threw him off and said I liked something I didn't and ran away. When I came back the piece I really wanted was still there (that never happens). the vendors had some nice pieces and really reasonable prices. wish I had the room for everything I wanted, but got some cool sps where I can cram it in until I upgrade. Also met some new people ,Well done everyone just wish more people came out to support our community
Old 11-08-2015, 10:02 PM
New Jersey Reefers Club
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
I enjoyed myself as well, purchased 3 frags and came home with 7 (with all the freebies given out) they really looked out for the jersey boy tonight....just wished I would've one something from the raffle....did take some coral dip n "$100.00" green fish net (j/k on the price)

Just finished glueing n plugging my frags

Thanks guys
Old 11-08-2015, 10:48 PM
One Love
Reefer Ratings: (27 (100%)
Send a Private Message
Frag Swap - Fall 2015 - November 8th - Pace

Had a great time and got some sticks that I was missing. Big up to all the vendors that came out great stuff

Almost forget those where some big frags dr.mac had
Old 11-08-2015, 10:57 PM
in the coral sea...
Reefer Ratings: (47 (100%)
Send a Private Message My Facebook View Josh's Twitter Profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD FISH View Post
I had a great time , despite josh following me around trying to buy all the frags I wanted. I threw him off and said I liked something I didn't and ran away. When I came back the piece I really wanted was still there (that never happens).
Hold on man, let me restate what I told you! I get to see the vendors setup at every event and despite the temptation I don't cherry pick anything. I wait until the show opens and go around and have the vendors put my requested items in the back. So you were basically just drooling over the super fat eagle eyes I bought from Dan Rigle and then the nice SPS from Kyle at Dr. Mac (note: there were more than one of the items I bought at each vendor).

So if you can't deal with the fact that I like the same corals you do, well, you can come over to my house and say it to my face!!!

More than likely I will give you some free frags of the said corals as that's what I am about.

So next time man, YOU stop stalking ME!
Old 11-09-2015, 01:43 AM
REEF ON!
Moderator: This member is a Moderator. - Issue reason:  
Reefer Ratings: (33 (100%)
Friends: (58)
Send a Private Message
Cant wait to see pics. Sound like you guys had alot of fun ....

200DD Upgrade

RIP Frank (FRY). You will be missed.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/general-discussion/185957-frag-swap-fall-2015-november-8th-pace.html
Posted By For Type Date
NYC: Manhattan Reefs - Fall Frag Swap - November 8th | NJ Reef Club This thread Refback 10-30-2015 04:26 PM
Manhattan Reefs - Fall Frag Swap - Sunday November 8th | REEF2REEF Saltwater and Reef Aquarium Forum This thread Refback 10-20-2015 10:31 AM
Manhattan Reefs - Fall Frag Swap - November 8th This thread Refback 10-19-2015 08:18 PM
Manhattan Reefs - Fall Frag Swap - Sunday November 8th | REEF2REEF Saltwater and Reef Aquarium Forum This thread Refback 10-19-2015 07:47 PM
Manhattan Reefs - Fall Frag Swap - Sunday November 8th | REEF2REEF Saltwater and Reef Aquarium Forum This thread Refback 10-19-2015 06:53 PM
NYC: Manhattan Reefs - Fall Frag Swap - November 8th This thread Refback 10-19-2015 05:32 PM
Manhattan Reefs Fall Frag Swap - Sunday November 8th - reefs.com Post #1 Pingback 10-17-2015 04:47 PM