Jazeel55

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I mean a person have you waiting because they agreed to come pick up something from you and there a no show. Or they do come but try to convince you to give them something your weren't selling or trading. I honest don't always feel comfortable having strangers in my home. Everyone doesn't have the same intentions

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I understand your frustration, this has been happening a lot lately mostly with the newer members. MR should do what other sites do and have a minimum post number or time on the site before they can access the market place.

bkstang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Great tip on the "ignore list". I didn't know something like this even exists.
As for strangers in the house. I've never had a bad experience and I always like to chat and exchange experience in person but I understand different things may happen.

Vwcrakerjack

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People are like this everywhere. I had one guy tell me he lived 25 min from meeting place. I drive all the way there and he isn't there. Took me 45 min to get there. I call him and he says I'm on the way I'll be there in 25 min. So he basically waited for me to get there before he left his house. I guess he didn't want to waste his time in case I didn't show up but having me waste my time was totally okay. This was to make a purchase of a fishing rod which I was buying for $350. Another guy shows up at my house to buy my motorcycle. I posted $4500 firm. Not taking a penny less. He shows up with $3800 and try's convincing me my bike is only worth that much. I even spoke to him on the phone and told him bring $4500 or the bike doesn't leave my garage. Duh. People are just like that I guess. I am not. I won't waste my time. The guy lost a sale on his fishing rod because I left and called to let him know 15 min after I talked to him so he could see how it felt and my bike is still in my garage. If I'm going to be late I call or text to let the person know or if I can't make it. If they post something for sale. Unless it is stated or best offer I show up with the amount that they ask for and I expect to be treated the same way. But not everyone will be that way. It is how it is. Learn from it and keep it moving

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
I think the bottom line is a lot more people aren't as dedicated to there tanks or the hobby as others so if they flake out on the deal..who cares it's only a hobby.i for one had never flaked on any deal I ever made on here and to top it off I ALWAYS throw in freebies even if I'm the one buying from others...smh.or the flip side when someone is selling something you want and it's like an eternity before both parties finally agree on a time and place after waiting days for a response..smh.as far as the reefer rating goes I left one bad rating and i ended up getting one in return when I didn't deserve one..I think there should be a flake list more than a rating list

Last edited:

ReefMadman

Evil Jedi Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Unfortunately thats why its easier to just buy things from local retailers...i mean the idea of a reefers community trading and selling to each other is nice in principal, but sometimes people suck.
I would rather pay full retail price and not deal with the b.s., that goes for everything i buy...fishing gear, reef gear, electronics....etc....

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Facebook has a group called the good the bad and the ugly ,,there you can post about flakes, scammers and complete rip off artist. They've publicly exposed anybody that tries to hurt the honest reefer.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: