mmike1992

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
i changed out my phen. 14k bulb with a blv 10k. i put 4 layers of windows screen i am down to my last screen.most of the sps have darkened(brown)i have had the 14k on for the life of the tank.the question is is the brown a signal that the corals are starving for light and should i just remove the last screen or just the opposite and should i put another layer back on for a while.nothing has bleached in the tank.and there is still some color showing thru. by the way this is a hqi buld on a hqi ballast about 9" thanks,mike by the way the screen has been on for two weeks

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Give them a week or 2 to adjust to the new lights. Personally, I don't think it is a lighting issue. If I were to put money on it, I'd say the brown is high PO4.

mmike1992

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
for the past six months i never had a issue with coral color. not to say it is not i measure 0 with a lamotte test kit. i guess i will just wait it out see what happens.

mshur

Rating - 99.3%
294   2   1
i have to agree with Chris, I am having the same issue now..Some corals brownout ,aspecially my digitatasans some other corals..My po4 kind of high-0,08..I am working on get them down...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: