Charley

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Not only did I not leave the hobby, I upgraded to a 90 gal 450 red sea reefer. Now I am the worst reef keeper on a bigger tank! I still have the biocube running, but only have some jawbreakers in there til i add a pair of clowns. For the bigger tank, phos at .20 enough to grow multiple types of algea!

bonomo53

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Not only did I not leave the hobby, I upgraded to a 90 gal 450 red sea reefer. Now I am the worst reef keeper on a bigger tank! I still have the biocube running, but only have some jawbreakers in there til i add a pair of clowns. For the bigger tank, phos at .20 enough to grow multiple types of algea!

I guess my jawbreakers are real hardy lol. Hang in there charley let the reefer mature and it will be alot easier.

Charley

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Lol....pretty much killed everything else, but those little gems survived it all! Must be the steroids u have them on! You're tank I am sure is looking awesome.....hoping u frag a few things one day so I can have a look then go home and cry when I see mine!. Thanks for all your help too, much appreciated.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Jumping in late here... Will continue reading this, but a quick note. LRS doesn't really need to be rinsed. it washes away some of the additives. LRS is the cleanest frozen food on the market and the amount he is feeding seems about right. Perhaps his skimmer isn't working right? (I will comment further when I have gotten father along in the discussion)

Do u let the food defrost then rinse it

Charley

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I think I do need a phosban reactor. All other levels in normal range. Nitrates fortunately zero. I did add a cute little refugium in the sump using a plastic sterilite container and drilling holes. Works great.. for all I have read so far should not be leaking phospates...

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: