bkstang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I've noticed when making RODI water recently that tap water quality has changed drastically. My tap water TDS was constantly 32-34, now it's 48 and the sediment filter is clogged pretty quickly. Did anybody notice this? I'm in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. Maybe it's locally?

skiwez

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't noticed tds much, but I've been blowing through sediment filters. Matter of fact bought a case of 50 just last week for that reason

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I know they have been working on the new New York City water tunnels for 30 years and the Brooklyn tunnel was completed in 2003 or so. They have been building new shafts for it and won't finish until 2020. I don't know if that has anything to do with your water quality. Here in Long Island, we always have lousy water.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I know they have been working on the new New York City water tunnels for 30 years and the Brooklyn tunnel was completed in 2003 or so. They have been building new shafts for it and won't finish until 2020. I don't know if that has anything to do with your water quality. Here in Long Island, we always have lousy water.
Just what i was thinking, and this isn't the first i'v heard of nyc water quality dropping over the last few months. Hmm

Guess it could be worse, like if we were in Flint MI

Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
On the Nassau/Suddolk line I get a typical 25-30 TDS on nice day.. Goes up to 120+TDS on rainy days. Been like that for a while though. I'm obviously in a different water district though.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: