reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
i fragged off a few pieces of mine and im still hoping for the best. I didnt cut down the lights like you did. im just letting them run their course. As for dip, it would seem this peeling may have been initiated from revive. The same corals which are peeling from the most recent dip had been dipped in bayer several times with no ill effects.

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Mine were dipped in Coral RX which then started peeling, Usually i use Bayer but i knew this was a trusted sourse for a clean non pest tank and figured Coral RX is less stressing than bayer. I guess not. Next time ill use bayer in the appropriate dosage. btw i only cut the lights down not to stress those coral any more than they are espiacially if they lost their zoothanthelle and no protection against the UV.

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
well, on my end one stopped peeling and just bleached partly near the base and the other isnt peeling anymore but kind of white with just a hint of color tone still hanging in there. its always the gorgeous ones that do this.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: