Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2016, 03:44 PM
Reefer Ratings: (2 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
i have over 2yrs on 2 of my DC12000
no PROBLEMS
Old 03-13-2018, 04:02 AM
Reefer Ratings: (8 (100%)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
You didn't offend me with your jebao talk. Have no stock in the company personally or professionally. Just find it hard to believe that more than one pump went out within weeks when i have them running fine all over the place.

Ehiem 1262 comes female threaded 3/4 on the outlet on the pump, with a 3/4 and another barb size in the box. If for some reason you got many that didn't come that way, wow, and you can go to homecheapo or plumbing supply and get 3/4 male thread to 3/4 barb readily.

Have been in the hobby a long time and have seen ppl, most ppl, use a return pump too big. Didn't think my recommended 4x the display is too much. What is your turnover per hour?

May be in if the worst arguments I've ever heard. "Faster flow thru sump equals less contact time with skimmer"

You realize tanks are closed loop systems, and the water regardless of how fast or slow it's going thru sump, will hit Skimmer again. It's not like it gets one pass and heads back to the open ocean. Whatever doesn't get collected first go around, will make it on 2nd, 3rd and so forth.

And Mike was right, jebao, or jecod, it whatever nane the folded to and reopened with are junk. Like someone saying a Kia is a great car. Yea the radio may sound like your BMW, and it may start like one too, but look out should a tree ever decide to get in your way.

Although, I admit, they are perfect for the hobby. The avg time a person spends with the hobby is 1 year. The pump never failed because the tank is usually apart and broken down by then, so in there eyes it worked , and must be good
Old 03-14-2018, 07:25 PM
Reefer Ratings: (2 (100%)
Send a Private Message
close this ...