chalan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I recently added a crosshatch trigger pair to my tank. They look great and are eating everything put in tank, including pellets. Last night the male started racing around the tank. Speeding back and forth for quite some time. I wasn't sure if he was showing off? Trying to exert some dominance over the tankmates? Or if he was stressed out? Has anyone else seen this behavior and is it normal?

chalan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
It isn't doing it now. It happened last night when the light went down. I saw him racing around. He looks happy. Eating tons. They both seem to be adjusting well. I found the speed laps interesting but wasn't sure if I should be concerned. Sometimes my dog runs around the house w a wild hair in his *** for no reason. Blowing off some energy. Maybe fish was letting everyone know it's his tank now.

chalan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Thx for input. He is not doing the irregular swimming today. Just the regular swimming around the tank. He comes to the glass and greets me.

chalan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Here's one pic. I tried uploading video but it's beyond my talents.

Attachments

• IMG_4635.jpg
    IMG_4635.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 73

ourcoralreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Very nice wouldn't worry too much as mentioned before triggers are different they can be cute they can be bad and they love swimming its a common thing for them to swim back and forth on the glass its like a puppy showing off or asking for extra food puffers do this too (not as fast though)

chalan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Thx all. They seem to be doing great. They are out and about the tank swimming. He has not exhibited the same swimming as the other night anymore. He does like to take laps around but it's at a leisurely pace now. The other night he was rocketing back and forth across the tank. Something I had never seen. If I get opportunity to take better pics I will post. Thx again. Chris.

44santababy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Please read my threads about keeping crosshatch triggers. I owned two males two separate times. Each one after a month or two just started completely acting strange to point when they tried to swim they would roll over. They got to the point where they couldn't swim but were very much alive. I literally had to pull them out alive and euthanized them. Never again with cross hatches. One was a divers den and one from Aquarium village. I keep an immaculate predator tank, could not keep these fish. Easily lost close to $1400 for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chalan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Sorry to hear. Scares me to think that after a month or two you had a prob w them. I will keep my fingers crossed. They seem to be doing great rt now. They seem to have adjusted to new surroundings and are eating everything. I'm very happy w them so far. Hopefully I won't experience what happened to you.

44santababy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Not trying to scare you at all and all systems are different. Mine two went from being so strong and eating and then over night they couldn't swim. Laid there for days until I had enough and pulled them still breathing. I wish you success, they are beautiful creatures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: