Trana

Administrator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please post your suggestions here!

This is YOUR community, we can only improve if we know what you want.

I will respond to all your questions and suggestions and do my best to implement them.

-A

Trana

Administrator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jim,

Thanks for the suggestion. I added a link direct to the registration from the homepage. I'm also going to work on a permanent Registration section to be added to the menu.

As for the suggestions, keep em coming!

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Great, I saw it immediately once I got to the home page - now where do I login once I am at the home page? It seems that I can only get to the login when I try to go somewhere. If I could login right from the homepage (or have it remember me when I connect from home) that would be great.

Awesome job - keep upp the good work.

Jim

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
That is a great idea! There is one problem though.

There are many automated "bots" that crawl through websites and pick up any email address they can find. If we had a page with all the users, I can only imagine how much SPAM we would all be getting.

The bulletin board does allow you to view individual users email addresses, you just have to click on their names and their entire profile will pop up.

However, I still think that a "Member Directory" is a good idea and am looking for suggestions as to how we should go about implementing it.

We could also expand the description area in the photo gallery.

Please post your thoughts.

-Josh

T

Todd

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Very cool site...only one problem which you probably won't be interested in fixing...

...I surfed over here from reading your post on reefs.org at work today, and when I clicked on pages like the FAQ, stores, etc., I couldn't see any info in the main window!

You see, my workplace still uses Netscape 4.x (for Windows NT) as the standard browser, and I'm locked out of my machine and can't upgrade! I'm not sure what kind of high-falutin' web technology you got flyin' around here, but it done broke my browser!

Trana

Administrator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I knew there would be some "old browser" people out there. At the moment, I have several things I am working on, so no, I won't be fixing the problems you mentioned.

However, I think the problem is with the IFRAMEs I am using on most of the pages. In order to see the FAQ, or the stores, try these links instead:

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/storelisting.htm
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/faqtext.htm

Let me know if they work and I'll see if I can come up with a workaround for yah.

Thanks.

-T

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the rules section. I have a suggestion for a rule number 2.

"2. If you are in a situation where you feel it necisary to be mean, go to rule number 1."

Maybe I enjoy thois type of thing since I am a programer, but it's probably because I love stew lenards.

Dave ESPI

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chances you can have a Premium account that a member can cough up 5.00 (or 10.00) fer some banwidth so we can post pics in the replies? it is a pain in the ass to host pics and link them.

Also the [x] EMAIL notification box doesnt appear on all the threads after a reply. If a user is watching a thread fer replies, the notification is nice and apreciated on ALL replies as an option.

[ December 16, 2002, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Dave ESPI ]

Trana

Administrator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ESPI,

More good ideas...

For now, the photo hosting is free. You can simply upload your photos and we will create a gallery of your tank (use ftp://www.manhattanreefs.com login: anonymous). If you want an individual directory where you can upload and link to photos on the fly, well, we can work on that, and yes, it will probably cost something. Let's call it a donation, and it will be minimal ($5) or whatever you can afford to give.

The reply reminder, I don't know about that but I can take a look and see if it can be done.

Thanks again.

-T

S

Satchmo

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the fact that there are only two forums. It's a pain in the rump looking through a dozen different sections. One stop shopping rules.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: