polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
The store is close to where I work & I tried to go there 3 times over the last month or so during week days in the afternoon timeframe.

The lights were on the tanks, but no one in the store and door was locked each time.. :(

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sad because I know he put so much work into building that place.

Ralph worked very hard and spend many long hours trying to do things that would take at least 3 people. He needed support from reefers but not many went to his store. He set up the place very nice. It just shows you if you don't connect with people in a place that had many LFS years ago. This is going to be a rough ride. This is a tough business. Sad because many years ago there many LFS in Westchester. Ralph, at least you can say you tried. Sorry it didn't work out..hate to see any LFS close..

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
I never wanted to say anything or badmouth a store but I tried 5 times to check his store out and everytime i went the store was closed..it didn't bother me too much since I was in the area for work but If i had to drive there from queens only for them to be closed I'd be alot more pissed about it.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yes, that was his down fall. Because he was a one man show. He couldn't be picking up fish and be in the store at same time. He needed a partner or helper to help him. It's important to know about fish and being into the hobby. But when it comes to running a business you better know that too.

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
Yes, that was his down fall. Because he was a one man show. He couldn't be picking up fish and be in the store at same time. He needed a partner or helper to help him. It's important to know about fish and being into the hobby. But when it comes to running a business you better know that too.

It's a shame cause from the pictures it looked like a Beautiful store with really nice stuff. I would have loved to check out the store

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
The retail part of this business sucks when you have a storefront and associated costs. Only shops that seem to last are ones with lots of maintenance accounts. A/X looks like they had nice stuff, sorry to see them go.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: