Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Anyone have any recommendations how to catch this guy?

The water bottle trick caught every fish except the hawkfish ! He just stares me like I am the dumb one. He doesn't come near the trap at all. I tried keeping a diamond govt but he terrorizes them until they die.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Try a piece of plexiglass. A lil longer than water height so you don't have to put your hand in water and scare em. Leave it in tank up against the side of tank. When feeding and he comes near the plexi, move the plexi to get him cornered then scoop out with net

Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Try a piece of plexiglass. A lil longer than water height so you don't have to put your hand in water and scare em. Leave it in tank up against the side of tank. When feeding and he comes near the plexi, move the plexi to get him cornered then scoop out with net

I will try that. I don't have plexi glass on me now. I do have an egg crate. Do you think that will work ?

mrdobie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plexi is better but if you allready have egg creat try that. What can you loose. Put a mirror up to the tank near him to see if that attracts him and try to net him from behind. Thats how i got rid of a damsel.

Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I finally caught him! I taped a mirror to the side of the tank and took a 2 liter bottle which I cut in half and made a bunch of holes to let the water drain out. I put some sand inside to weigh it down to keep it from floating to the top of the tank. I then tied a string to both sides of the bottle which gave me a handle, I made it long enough so I could reach it from a distance. It took two days after work staring at the tank from the couch waiting. Completly zoned in watching tv I turn my head and shocked to see him sitting inside the bottle.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: