4angel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy has been open for the past six months He services tanks primaraly but sells stuff from his shop. The owners name is Joe and his shop is located on
511 West 33 st. between 10th and 11 Ave. in a wearhouse. He asks to please call before comming over. (917)757-9744

Joe seemed very friendly and helpfull. I would go if only to see the show tank 200+ with a couple of rare pieces He also has great looking tank raised and wild fish some LPS softies zoos and dry goods. He setting up an SPS tank soon. Joe seemed hoby friendly and willing to place special orders. IMO this guys shop has the potential to take off and put some local shops to shame.

G

gay

Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
maybe he can come to Queens and replace Aquatic Treasures (Rego Park, Woodhaven Blvd), that was a HUGE saltwater/reef store! :D

4angel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hay Mike Im sure by now hes gotten back to you. I think hes trying to get the shop off the ground but also doing other stuff. As for Queens you guys over there have enough stores come visit the city ok!!

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Angel

I got in contact with him and visted him this afternoon. He store is small but has a good amount of reef tank, corals and small fish, plus a group of large tanks for just fish, trigger, angels, tangs.

His price weren't that bad, either better or the same as New World but they weren't listed yet, he'll be doing that next week. He had some nice corals, most in his 200gal show tank, he just pull a bunch out for client accounts and he'll be getting more next week.

There where alot of tank raised reef fish also.

He planning on adding more tanks and having SPS & SPS frags for cheap prices, like $6-$10 each frag in the future.

He looking to build the business so he worth checking out right now as you can probably get some good deals.

Michael

Picked up a nice red & blue zoo's for $10.

4angel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im glad you had a good expirence as well Mike. I think we have an opertunity to get in on the ground floor of an up and comming shop. We visit Joe give him some buisness and as his shop takes off Im sure he will always look out for us. He seemed that way to me.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Currently has about 75 clients but he really wants to build the instore business. He knows the short comings of New World and wants to try and eat into their business and since there really is no one else in the NYC he should be able to do it. I recommand to him what he should add that would be of interest to reefers like SPS/frags/clean up crews/clams(which he had a bunch of really nice ones.

I think it's a really good thing to have another store in NYC and he does seem more friendly and probably could get some good deals from him.

DallasNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I just went by there today..nice find Angel! I can't get over how clean the tanks were and how healthy everything is. I haven't seen any lfs that took that much care.

Alot of nice pieces; leathers, shrooms, zoos, long polyp stonies. He says he hand picks them from a whole sale place. Not too many SPS, but like marrone said, he's thinking about doing frags.

If you are in the market for a clam, I'd check him out.. he has alot. The 3"-4" ones start at $50 and go up from there.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
When I was there last Friday he tank weren't full, just the show tank, he didn't get any coral last week and just made a big delivery to some clients. He was supose to get alot more in this week.

An your right his clams were really nice.

thumb.gif

mgchan

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I went by the previous Saturday and picked up a large rock with the entire surface covered with three different Zoo colonies. I'm happy! ;)

Joe's a great guy and I can't wait till he moves to the larger quarters and stocks up!

Moderators > Let's add this to the NYC Stores.

[ September 29, 2003, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: mgchan ]

4angel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad you had a good expierence. I just think he is more reefer friendly than some other stores I have gone to.

S

smy168

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe is pretty cool and his stuff is very clean, I think he's looking for a store front and some space. His prices are ok, close to the dead-beat store (New World) on 38th Street but he's very friendly and he doesn't push you to buy anything, I like that.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: