Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I restarted my nano about 15 months ago due to a bubble algae outbreak. Emerald crab was eating them but I feel it was popping them and causing them to spread more.

After 15 months I'm starting to see a few spots here and there in hard to reach places.

Vibrant looks cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paronaram

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I clean-up all with emerald crabs help. I have 2 and they cleanup all in my 30 gallon nano in two weeks.
You have to be very careful because they (crabs) start eating corals after they done with algae.

Let's see, I posted on March that all Bubble Algae are gone, 6 month later, it's all back.
I put E. Crab back but I think they just helping propagate this stuff buy crashing it...
Will try Vibrant... will post back when I start treatment

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I got bubble algae , before and now , more were is low flow or chance of detritus to settle.

Before i try :
Crabs, Vibrant , Lot of Chaetto, ULN, wont work .

Now i just got new Rabbit Fish ( he is in quarantine) let see.

The only think was really effective against B.A . was Algae Scrubber , soon i remove it , bubble algae show again. Now i try the fish , i give some B.A. but look like is NOT interesting in those, he prefer frozen food.
If Rabbit fish wont work, i will put back my HUGE Algae Scrubber.:teeth:

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I got bubble algae , before and now , more were is low flow or chance of detritus to settle.

Before i try :
Crabs, Vibrant , Lot of Chaetto, ULN, wont work .

Now i just got new Rabbit Fish ( he is in quarantine) let see.

The only think was really effective against B.A . was Algae Scrubber , soon i remove it , bubble algae show again. Now i try the fish , i give some B.A. but look like is NOT interesting in those, he prefer frozen food.
If Rabbit fish wont work, i will put back my HUGE Algae Scrubber.:teeth:

I put back my A.T.S. let see .

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: