salpet

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I just did my first water change and brought my reactors & skimmer back on-line on Sunday, after a 21-day Fluconazole treatment. This stuff definitely works. I would say 99% of my bryopsis is gone. I noticed that the bryopsis the was growing in more shaded areas was the most resistant. So the more brightly lit the area, the quicker the bryopsis disappeared. Nothing else seems to be affected at all. Just my 2 cents.
how long has it been since you finished your cycle and did you see it coming back?

Nycreef

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
if you all didnt know I am Bklynreef who changed his name NYCREEF to avoid confusion with all the others.
To the topic at hand now:
Summer and being away alot threw my tank out of whack and bropsys came back. before i started dosing again i tried to get rid of it in the normal manner. didnt work so here i am dosing again and ordering another 100 capsule back up just in case.
9/9/2017 lets see how long this will take this time around. took 3 weeks last time.

Juano908

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
if you all didnt know I am Bklynreef who changed his name NYCREEF to avoid confusion with all the others.

To the topic at hand now:

Summer and being away alot threw my tank out of whack and bropsys came back. before i started dosing again i tried to get rid of it in the normal manner. didnt work so here i am dosing again and ordering another 100 capsule back up just in case.

9/9/2017 lets see how long this will take this time around. took 3 weeks last time.

I had the same problem with my tank, one of my friends recommended to try API Marine Algaefix and after second dose my tank is 100% algae free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nycreef

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I've researched and tried flucanazole before, it worked in less than 3 weeks. Only reason my algae came back was neglect over the summer. This product by far is the best out there and reasonably priced. Also cures yeast infection, can get you in to trouble if your partner finds it and doesn't believe it's for your tank.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Juano908

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I've researched and tried flucanazole before, it worked in less than 3 weeks. Only reason my algae came back was neglect over the summer. This product by far is the best out there and reasonably priced. Also cures yeast infection, can get you in to trouble if your partner finds it and doesn't believe it's for your tank.

I tried Fluconazol and it only killed some of the algae but not all.

Nycreef

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
You dosed correctly? Turned off skimmer, UV, carbon reactor, No water change and feed fish every other day sparingly?
It should have wiped out most algae.

Nycreef

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Yes I did and also dosed a bit over.

Just gave another dose which I didn't need when I first did it months ago but ibdidnt see much improvement after more than a week. So far I see the 2nd dose is doing better. Could be that the pills I used were expired and the new pills I just dosed were fresh but this is just an assumption.

Nycreef

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I'm ordering this product tonight for my 32g Biocube; I't currently infested with hair algae. Hopefully it'll do the trick.
Going on my third try with this but this time I need to stay diligent on feeding and keeping to the strict regimine. I get nervous with my sps so I cut loose after 2 weeks. I have to stay the course for the complete duration no matter what I lose in the interim.

nano

don't fear the reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Fluconazole works quickly on bryopsis, but takes longer with hair algae. I am just finishing 6 weeks with Fluconazole for gha. It seems gone. Just added extra phosguard, removed carbon, turned skimmer off, and kept up with filter sock changes. I did water changes and supplemented the Fluconazole in my water change so it wouldn't deplete. SPS, LPS, NPS, and softies are unharmed after 6 weeks.

I used 400mg Fluconazole in a 15 gallon system, and another 200mg in each 5 gallon water change. GHA is has not been visible anywhere since week 4, but leaving it longer to be sure.

Nycreef

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Next week will be a month long since I added this product. I can honestly say that more than 80% of the GHA is gone. I'm going to leave it in there for another 2 weeks and then perform a large water change.
Just dose another 100 pills, my last dose was a week ago but what I have is more stubborn to get rid of than the very 1st time I ever tried flucanazole. It's working but I feel I needed another dose to help it along a little quicker. Need to order a clean up crew soon after this.

Nycreef

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
One month later and algae is gone. did a massive water change, UV Sterilizer back on, Ozone reactor back on, auto water change back on, turned my skimmer back on and it went nuts even when dialed down all the way. I may go with another dose to make sure its completely gone whatever the eye cant see but i will wait to see if theres any bit of grow back first.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: