Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2017, 10:18 AM
Reefer Ratings: (11 (100%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message
I went with bare bottom and painted the bottom black it looks amazing and real easy to clean imo
Old 05-23-2017, 09:45 PM
Reefer Ratings: (37 (100%)
Friends: (12)
Send a Private Message
ive never done strictly black sand however I have done mixtures of black and pink Fiji and love the way it looks. Just currently set up my 60 cube that way. Of course using more pink Fiji then black, but it looks nice.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:26 PM
Reefer Ratings: (2 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
black is nice ,BUT gets dirty fast, sucks up light ,But corals pop out GREAT ..imo
Old 05-24-2017, 12:25 AM
Reefer Ratings: (56 (100%)
Friends: (56)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbiejo176 View Post
I went with bare bottom and painted the bottom black it looks amazing and real easy to clean imo
I also went bare bottom, much easier to clean and nowhere for stuff to collect. This is the first time I went bb and couldn't be happier. Thanks for the input everyone