Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
So I'm setting up a coralbox 14g rimless hopefully this weekend and was thinking of changing things up. In all my tanks I've always used Fiji pink live sand but now I'm thinking of trying Black in this little tank. Anyone using it or have used it what did you think? I would think it would look cleaner cause ditritus wouldn't be as visible but could be wrong.

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Ive used black sand before. I really never had any issues. I also had it mixed with pink Fiji sand so it was a nice blend. I am thinking of mixing again for my 60 cube but I haven't decided.

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Sand

I have black sand. It does look nice. As stated it definitely shuws dirt more. As far as it being magnetic I don't have that problem. I use an algae free magnet cleaner and the magnet is strong so idk. If you're still going this way I'll get u the name of the sand I used. All the stores had it. I will say I have lots of lps pieces in my sandbed and the colors really pop. But it does make the tank have an overall darker appearance. It's definitely a matter of personal taste. I've had tanks w white and black sand. I don't see any real difference except appearance.

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
ive never done strictly black sand however I have done mixtures of black and pink Fiji and love the way it looks. Just currently set up my 60 cube that way. Of course using more pink Fiji then black, but it looks nice.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: