inked

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just a quick update. Installed my dosing pump on Thursday night. My tank has been maintaing a 9. My stylo is starting to darken up a little so am hoping this is working

Thanks again for all your help.
830a087afd66d1d9e54610023ca87cd0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So it's been about a month since I setup my dosing pump to keep my alk stable. It's been maintaining 9. The stylo and birdsnest didn't survive they lost all their flesh and turned bright white. They were in pretty bad shape before I got my alk stable though. What I wasn't prepared for was losing a wall hammer and my frogspawn is losing heads. My parameters are the same as a month ago with the exception of the alk and nitrate. Alk is stable at 9 and my nitrates where testing at 5 with salifert. The nitrate always tested at 5 which even after water changes and dosing nopox I thought was strange so I picked up a red sea pro test kit which is testing at 16. I also tested my ph which is low at 7.6 would this cause issues with my lps? I have changed my return to really break the water which I thought helped since I tested ph at 8.2 last night but this morning it's back to 7.6. Should I switch my dosing alk to only dose when the light is off to stabilize the ph swing? I don't have a controller so am not sure if this happens all the time. I wasn't testing my ph because I thought a stable alk would take care of the ph. I am also still dosing nopox at 6 ml a day which helped my phosphate but hasn't done much for my nitrate.

inked

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So it's been about a month since I setup my dosing pump to keep my alk stable. It's been maintaining 9. The stylo and birdsnest didn't survive they lost all their flesh and turned bright white. They were in pretty bad shape before I got my alk stable though. What I wasn't prepared for was losing a wall hammer and my frogspawn is losing heads. My parameters are the same as a month ago with the exception of the alk and nitrate. Alk is stable at 9 and my nitrates where testing at 5 with salifert. The nitrate always tested at 5 which even after water changes and dosing nopox I thought was strange so I picked up a red sea pro test kit which is testing at 16. I also tested my ph which is low at 7.6 would this cause issues with my lps? I have changed my return to really break the water which I thought helped since I tested ph at 8.2 last night but this morning it's back to 7.6. Should I switch my dosing alk to only dose when the light is off to stabilize the ph swing? I don't have a controller so am not sure if this happens all the time. I wasn't testing my ph because I thought a stable alk would take care of the ph. I am also still dosing nopox at 6 ml a day which helped my phosphate but hasn't done much for my nitrate.

Here is a video showing my flow and my hydra light schedule
https://youtu.be/-5vTX8oS4d8
f12b034e85e991f0f87ccb6d3e18a666.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: