reefjunkie167

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey whats going on I had this thrachyphillia for about a year now frequent healthy water changes about 30% once a week I took out the coral and through it in a deworming tank kept it there for about an hour placed it back in my main tank and it took a week to open up but everything was fine. About a month later i through all my coral into the deworming tank just to be safe and my trachyphillia hasn't opened up ever since. I put it up higher to get more lighting but that didn't help I fed it several times that didn't seem to do much either please helphere are some befor and afters .
e1ee6acb33139781b49f7cae770be1bb.png
d5fb56f5c51fdbbdb88dfbca873b2a10.jpg
e3784b9f3ccc23ec53f86b38e5e06150.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drblakjak55

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not happy. Fish picking on it? My hippo loves to pick on my Welso which can close for a day or so but reopens. At 18 inches down on rocks. Does eat Brightwell microvore and zooplankton They all do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

reefjunkie167

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey, so I only feed it reef roids just as I do with all my other coral. The tangs don't pick on it. It closed up after the 2 time I dewormed it I put it back in my tank closed and it never reopened and it seems like it is dying

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
You should really feed it meaty foods, like pieces of shrimp, clam, or silver sides.

Evidently you have stressed the coral out pretty bad. At this point you should just leave it alone on the sand and give it time to settle in and hopefully it will reopen.

Last edited:

reefjunkie167

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You should really feed it meaty foods, like pieces of shrimp, clam, or silver sides.

Evidently you have stressed the coral out pretty bad. At this point you should just leave it alone on the sand and give it time to settle in and hopefully it will reopen.

Hey, thanks so much for the advice that's what I'm planning on doing.. hopefully it will reopen it's just so sad when something so beautiful start to die on you. It makes me wanna quit the hobby

Wondering

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I have a wellso that was closed for over a month and was sure it was dead. So i placed in a shaded and low flow area, just as bonomo suggested, and to my surprise it actually recovered.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: