Z06-Hec

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
WOW...
Just sold my entire setup as a whole...
That Break down was not easy at all...
I left the sand and about 2 inches of water in the tank.. 4 of us guys and that issh was still Super Heavy !!!!
Totally underestimated the weight of the sand with 2 inches of water...
I filled 3 containers 35 gallons each and that did not feel as heavy as the tank with the sand and water in it...
WOW...
My first time moving a tank, and I just did the break down and moved into the moving truck... I feel bad for the 2 guys she brought cause im exhausted and my part is done but they have to go setup...

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Haha, well if this is about the 150 gallon tank you just sold... I can imagine how heavy it was.

Tank dry weight is 338lbs... add to that lets say 150lbs of sand... then 2 inches of water which would be 14 gallons of water at 8lbs per gallon is another 112 lbs. So that brings the total up to 600lbs. I would then add another 50-100lbs to account for the water within the sand which you may not have accounted for if your "2 inches of water" was what you were able to see above the sand.

Z06-Hec

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Haha, well if this is about the 150 gallon tank you just sold... I can imagine how heavy it was.

Tank dry weight is 338lbs... add to that lets say 150lbs of sand... then 2 inches of water which would be 14 gallons of water at 8lbs per gallon is another 112 lbs. So that brings the total up to 600lbs. I would then add another 50-100lbs to account for the water within the sand which you may not have accounted for if your "2 inches of water" was what you were able to see above the sand.

Yeah totally didnt think the wet sand and 2 inches of water in a glass 150 tank wouldve been that much...
Yo for a second we had to lay it down and i put my side on my leg bent on a 90 angle.. just layed it there for a minute or two... this morning i have a welt on my leg like i burned myself or something.
Im like wtf how did i do that...
Good thing i negotiated NOT going with them to set up in south ozone from south end of staten island... especially since it was already 1 am because from them coming late...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: