Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Photo Gallery Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2017, 08:10 PM
Reefer Ratings: (21 (100%)
Friends: (2)
Chefjpaul is online now View My Gallery Send a Private Message
They probably just needed a piece of equipment on the cheep to go along with their new supplement brand, which is probably a re-brand anyway

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2017, 10:33 PM
Reefer Ratings: (13 (100%)
Friends: (0)
ourcoralreef is online now View My Gallery Send a Private Message
It is possible that the branded name products have there own quality control by the brand itself
Jebao quality i realized differs depending where you buy from
Old 08-10-2017, 10:43 PM
Reefer Ratings: (47 (100%)
Friends: (6)
reefiness is online now View My Gallery Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourcoralreef View Post
It is possible that the branded name products have there own quality control by the brand itself
Jebao quality i realized differs depending where you buy from
never noticed this, but that would be interesting.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:17 AM
Line Skipper
Reefer Ratings: (36 (95%)
Friends: (4)
fritz is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef Trends View Post
That is a Jebao doser I have confirmed it. Jebao actually private labels for a lot of companies I am just surprised they didn't do more cosmetic changes. However makes sense as molding even cases is very expensive. That is why so many "black box" LED fixtures look the same as its cheaper to just source products/parts already being produced.
+1

Globalization, everything and I mean everything is made in the same factory. It's been like this for a very long time. Back in the 60s there was a place on McDonald Avenue in Brooklyn that made most of the Ice Cream in NYC (all different brands). It was just cheaper to have them make it than to build your own plant that you'd only run a few hours a day. For a factory to be at peak efficiency it needs to run 24-7, 365. No one and I mean no one has that kind of demand.

It isn't that Jebao is ripping off most manufacturers, they ARE the manufacturer. If they have the capacity to crank out 5,000 pumps a month and you only need 10,000 three times a year.... They keep the machines running, they just use ceramic shafts instead of stainless steel, a lesser plastic, perhaps some lower cost components and of course not as stringent QA.

If you look through the Jebao site you'll notice many products from your favorite manufacturers. They make tons of stuff for Coralvue's companies and some of the other big names as well.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:22 AM
Friends: (2)
Chefjpaul is online now View My Gallery Send a Private Message

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2017, 09:16 AM
Line Skipper
Reefer Ratings: (36 (95%)
Friends: (4)
fritz is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
Yeah that's an old story and is common in manufacturing. It also was exactly my point. They are so similar (and based on the quality issues with both) I wouldn't be surprised if Coralvue hired Jebao to make the Gyre. Jebao probably just kept the machines running, cranking out their own version.

Hwai Wai famously did this to Cisco, and on and on.

Last edited by fritz; 08-11-2017 at 09:18 AM..
Old 08-11-2017, 09:46 AM
Friends: (5)
xoomercom is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
Off topic - 90% of eye glasses and sunglasses are manufactured by single and same company in Italy. This same company bought your favorite eye wear retail outlets in US and elsewhere to both manipulate and control pricing.

So next time you spend $300 bucks for Burberry shades, know that you've been duped.