reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I just saw in an email from marine depot the new ATI taking on ICP testing and micro additives. They also advertised the "NEW" ATI dosing pump! But it seems to 100% be a jebao which many people claim is a very unreliable and "crappy" product. Wondering what peoples thoughts on this are now? I googled ATI DP-6 and even the box is an exact match to the jebao boxes except the logo is changed.

Will people now swarm to this new DP-6 because its ATI? Or will people be smart and get a DP-4 and DP-4S from jebao to end up with more dose heads to less money? Who knows...

Attachments

• ati doser.jpg
    ati doser.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 972

Reef Trends

www.reeftrends.com
Vendor
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
That is a Jebao doser I have confirmed it. Jebao actually private labels for a lot of companies I am just surprised they didn't do more cosmetic changes. However makes sense as molding even cases is very expensive. That is why so many "black box" LED fixtures look the same as its cheaper to just source products/parts already being produced.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
If that's the case why would ATI (respectable brand) put their name on such product?

Because ATI (respectable brand) has zero experience in the market for dosers so figures they can find a reliable cheap dosing manufacturer to make their pumps. Slap the ATI name to it and you can charge a little extra. Doesn't change the fact that its a jebao though.

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wasn't the old GHL doser a rebranded DP4? I've been using a DP4 for over a year now without any issues. I do keep just enough 2 part in the containers so that if it ever failed and pumped more than it should it wouldn't be drastic. But I would do that with any doser.

BZOFIQ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Because ATI (respectable brand) has zero experience in the market for dosers so figures they can find a reliable cheap dosing manufacturer to make their pumps. Slap the ATI name to it and you can charge a little extra. Doesn't change the fact that its a jebao though.

Jebao is absolute definition of ultimate crap. I will never buy another product from them.

nano

don't fear the reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I believe Aqua Medic's reefdoser evo4 is also a Jebao/Jecod DP4 but they actually went so far as to take out the control module and mount it in a little separate housing.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Jebao is absolute definition of ultimate crap. I will never buy another product from them.

I agree some things they make are horrible, and i've have some really bad experience with their power heads recently. But I have had very good outcomes with the return pump and doser from them. I'm actually planning on getting another either DP-4 or DP-4S to connect to my current doser.

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
They probably just needed a piece of equipment on the cheep to go along with their new supplement brand, which is probably a re-brand anyway

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
That is a Jebao doser I have confirmed it. Jebao actually private labels for a lot of companies I am just surprised they didn't do more cosmetic changes. However makes sense as molding even cases is very expensive. That is why so many "black box" LED fixtures look the same as its cheaper to just source products/parts already being produced.

+1

Globalization, everything and I mean everything is made in the same factory. It's been like this for a very long time. Back in the 60s there was a place on McDonald Avenue in Brooklyn that made most of the Ice Cream in NYC (all different brands). It was just cheaper to have them make it than to build your own plant that you'd only run a few hours a day. For a factory to be at peak efficiency it needs to run 24-7, 365. No one and I mean no one has that kind of demand.

It isn't that Jebao is ripping off most manufacturers, they ARE the manufacturer. If they have the capacity to crank out 5,000 pumps a month and you only need 10,000 three times a year.... They keep the machines running, they just use ceramic shafts instead of stainless steel, a lesser plastic, perhaps some lower cost components and of course not as stringent QA.

If you look through the Jebao site you'll notice many products from your favorite manufacturers. They make tons of stuff for Coralvue's companies and some of the other big names as well.

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Yeah that's an old story and is common in manufacturing. It also was exactly my point. They are so similar (and based on the quality issues with both) I wouldn't be surprised if Coralvue hired Jebao to make the Gyre. Jebao probably just kept the machines running, cranking out their own version.

Hwai Wai famously did this to Cisco, and on and on.

Last edited:

BZOFIQ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Off topic - 90% of eye glasses and sunglasses are manufactured by single and same company in Italy. This same company bought your favorite eye wear retail outlets in US and elsewhere to both manipulate and control pricing.

So next time you spend $300 bucks for Burberry shades, know that you've been duped.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: