reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Haha, this is incredible. Only you would think to do something like this and have it work out so perfectly. Any DIY instructions on how it was made with pictures for anyone who may need a similar outcome?

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
It was just a needle that I heated and bent. I put a thread through it and baited it with a clam. The same as you would if you go fishing. But remember this hook doesn't have a barb so the fish jumps right off and you have to lift him very fast because he jumped off the hook as soon as he was out of the tank and I knew he would so I had a bucket right under the tank.
People have been doing this for years. Noah showed me this. :cool:

Nycreef

Rating - 100%
21   0   0

Dont laugh but I have done this method 3 times for wrasses that would not go in to a fish trap and 2 of them for over 4 months. Every time i did it i caught the fish within minutes. I starved the tank for at least a week and when they were good and hungry they attacked the silverside on the fish hook and out they went. The only issue was getting the right fish on the hook and not another innocent. I should have video recorded as well but just didnt have the patience at that point.
Great vid paul!

ourcoralreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I have had success with the trap i built
Leave the trap in the tank a couple of days put sand on the bottom of the trap and let food go in there
After a couple days set the door put food in the trap and wait with a string

I don?t have the heart to hook them

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
I rather use a trap, but I've used the hook method a few times with some of my larger fish. Just a word of caution you have to be quick setting the hook so they only get hooked in the mouth and not further down into the gills, gut or poking out through an eye...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: