jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
My overflow is makin a whistling noise when I look it's filled nearly all da way 2 da top here's a pic it's a 57 rimless I remove water bcuz it's all da way 2 da top but then my auto top off fills it bk up does anyone knows wat ms da problem any help will be appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0499.jpg
    IMG_0499.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 168

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
He's saying screw-on filter. Nothing about an actual screw.

From your tanks product description...
"Deep Blue Professional brand 57 gallon rimless aquarium
Edge 57 Rimless Reef Ready System
(36 x 18 x 20)

Features include: Opti-Pure glass technology for unparalleled viewing clarity, rimless top design, center-back overflow pre-filter with patented Floodgate & cover. Complete plumbing kit included. Upgraded glass panes on all sides, drilled and tempered for strength and safety.
Center back boxes used on Edge is 10 wide and 7" deep."

Check in the overflow for the prefilter and it likely needs to be cleaned. The water is rising because the filter is getting dirty and slowing the water getting down into the sump. The way it comes to equilibrium again is by having the water raise which increases the head pressure on the drain line which forces more water through.

solracju

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
In the overflow check the drain line (the one on the left) it has an elbow fitting with a strainer attachment That should be screwed in at the bottom. Unscrew it take it to the sink and clean that out (use a toothbrush if needed).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: