Panonhas

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Hi, as the title states, I am looking to find someone that has experience removing scratches and buffing acrylic tanks. I am in the process of buy a 48x36x16 and would like it polished before I set it up. You can text me at 201-527-0414 if you know anyone. I am in Elizabeth NJ.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
DIY with novus 1,2,3 and wetsand paper of assorted grits, it's a lot of elbow grease, depending how deep the scratches are. I think most people would just point you into the directions of a new tank for the price their willing to charge to completely finish out a very messed up acrylic tank.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
DIY with novus 1,2,3 and wetsand paper of assorted grits, it's a lot of elbow grease, depending how deep the scratches are. I think most people would just point you into the directions of a new tank for the price their willing to charge to completely finish out a very messed up acrylic tank.

novus 1,2,3 , best price i found is Container Store , Lex . and 57 st. or 58 st. i think.

Branespikin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Yes i bought it at that store too. But im telling you it requires alot of elbow grease. I did my little frag tank like 18 x 10 x 10 and it was not easy but it polished up like new and it was in bad shape

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
If you know about paint correction/ wetsand compound it's pretty much like the same thing, just lower grit sand paper and work your way up to polish. G luck it's a tremendous amount of work. The sad part is that the snails will end up scratching it in no time.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: