Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2017, 10:23 PM
Reefer Ratings: (7 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by atorres53 View Post
I do not want to hijack this thread. Yes 50/50 mix and up to 30 socks. Works for me. You can do as you choose.
No hijack, I just have never used 50% bleach for anything, ever in my life......
Old 10-19-2017, 01:43 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
I have 7 socks in rotation that I use. After 3-4 days I remove the dirty one and replace it with a clean one. The dirty sock gets blasted with the garden hose outside and then goes in a bucket with a little bleach. When I'm down to the last sock they go into the washing machine for two cycles(water only no detergent or bleach). First cycle the socks are turned inside out. By the time I'm ready to replace the last sock in the sump the ones that have been washed have been drying for a few days and are fully dried and ready.
In your case without a washing machine I would just make sure to rinse them well and be fully dried before putting it in the sump. Pick up one or two more socks if you find that there isn't enough time for them to dry before having to change out the dirty one.