Niko

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hello! does anyone have any ideas for this tank? I would like to maybe have 1 or a pair of centerpiece fish. And then a few smaller fish.

I currently have one clownfish in the tank, and a lawnmower blennie in QT because I think he has ick.

I have minimal rockwork right now, but I have a few extra pieces of dry rock I can add in.

The fish must meet a few conditions:

1) The fish won't grow out of the tank
I don't plan on upgrading in the foreseeable future

2)I don't want a fish that's overly aggressive, prone to nipping and coral, or jumping

3) The fish can't be pricey. $100 max

Thank you! :biggrin:

rjl09

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nothing wrong with some firefish, orange or purple. Clown Gobies, any watchman gobies or even cardinal fish. Royal gramma is nice but they are a little aggressive at times. Lubbocks wrasse as well. I have 2 of them at around 2 inches, but they are jumpers

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I currently have as 60 cube and here is my stock list:

Purple tang (got really small)
trio of anthias
Flame angel
Coral beauty angel
orange back wrasse
diamondback goby

Looking to add a pair of clowns and call it a day. All have beautiful color and are very healthy. Depends on the route you want to take with your tank.

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
he probably will outgrow it eventually but I got him when very small. I believe fish grow to their environment, but could be wrong with that. If it comes to the point where he does outgrow I will catch him and sell. Back in the day I had two tangs in a 57g and they were fine. there is no safe bet to say they wont outgrow the tank so I would stay away from tangs if you're not looking to eventually catch and sell.

rich

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Jumping knocks out wrasses and firefish. I love wrasses though.
A gold assessor basslet is a cool fish. swims sideways and upside down a lot
Royal gramma has nice colors

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Flash wrasses are beautiful and really cool.

In my nano I have a pair of swissguard basslets, really interesting fish too.

And +1 on a bluespot jawfish. Just got one and he is really funny: you look at him, he sticks out a bit more of his den to look back at you. I bet he has a New York accent. "Whadda ya want?"

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: