• Other

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
ive been using a ai hydra 26 for almost a year and a half now, while i do think t5's are still the best i do enjoy no heat, no bulbs to change every 10 months and a lot less electric, ive used a few different leds and i do like that i can dial each color spectrum with this unit

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Started with 2 kessil 160's on my 2.5 year old 75g. Added a 2 bulb T5 fixture shortly thereafter to cut down on some of the shadowing. A year later when I started to add Sps's to the tank I added another pair of Kessils. It's been 1.5 years with this combo and everything is doing great.
Been looking at the new Aquatic Life T5/LED fixture that I can use with my Kessils so it looks like I'll be pulling the trigger on it later this month.

rOwgGx5l.jpg

johnsonpics

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hey Everyone,

I figured I'd chime in. I've got the Fluval Marine & Reef 2.0 LED light. I actually won it in the raffle from the last frag swap down in lower Manhattan. I'm very surprised at the good results I'm getting from it. SPS, LPS, Softies all coexisting happily. Now mind you, it's only a 20inch cube, so I don't really need a crazy high PAR light. They also make a wifi controller for it that I use to control/ program the intensity, color, and duration from a smartphone app. I've had issues with the first one, but I brought it to Petco and they just swapped it for a new one since it has a warranty.

So if there's anyone out there looking for an inexpensive light, this is a decent option.

Attachments

• IMG_2426.jpg
    IMG_2426.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 89

geldof

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
4gQNIE9
4gQNIE9.jpg
This pic is of the 40 gallon sps aquarium, breaking down to upgrade to a 120. Was and am still using modified Vipar Spectra black box LED. I changed out some of the LED chips for improved color. It was meant to be temporary, until I found a good deal on higher end units, but it worked so well I kept it and have added an additional VS unit to the 120 upgrade. All of the coral shown were grown from frags using the light. Low cost and effective. Still interested in upgrading at some point, but very happy with them.
4gQNIE9

Last edited:

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
4gQNIE9
4gQNIE9.jpg
This pic is of the 40 gallon sps aquarium, breaking down to upgrade to a 120. Was and am still using modified Vipar Spectra black box LED. I changed out some of the LED chips for improved color. It was meant to be temporary, until I found a good deal on higher end units, but it worked so well I kept it and have added an additional VS unit to the 120 upgrade. All of the coral shown were grown from frags using the light. Low cost and effective. Still interested in upgrading at some point, but very happy with them.
4gQNIE9

This is a great looking tank.. Do you have any pictures of your 120?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: