Reef Reaper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
I sure many of you people out there have ask yourself this question. Why choose the pro version over the regular version. I know the pro has 12 more led, more colors and more power, but is this worth the extra money? I was curios on this from all the Radion users out there. Thanks!!

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Besides being able to put out more par (my tank is high), the added warm white and cool light help balance out the overly blue templates that are popular for growing and coloring coral. The popular AB+ template that was recommended over and over on my g4 pros was great. The SPS responded very well in growth and color, but the tank was very blue. It lacked a natural look. Keeping the AB+ spectrum but raising the cool white + warm white balanced out the look. With the diffuser plate option decreasing par, but blending the leds, I would only choose a pro. Definitely worth the extra money since the pro has a higher resale (it's more popular).

MDreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
There?s been a lot of debates of how UV A/B lights impact corals. Not sure that whatever is produced by LEDs would be sufficient to replicate natural levels studies cite. Perhaps if you expose the corals to air while changing water for a prolonged period...

Not about threats to people. You?d have to spend a lot of time at close proximity for health issues based on the data presented, that said obviously always a good idea to protect your eyes :)

Wondering

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Uv and blue light can cause eye damage but it depends on length of exposure and intensity of source. Dentists, for example, wear those orange glasses when they cure white fillings in order to filter out those wavelengths that come out of the curing gun.
Although Nobody knows how much light is harmful it probably increases your risk for eye damage.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: