Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have been reading through a lot of threads on here and elsewhere and I hear all the time, "I use this or that with great success" or "I fed my moorish Idol bagels and cream cheese with great success". Or
I never show my wife what I spend on my tank and have great success.

What exactly is great success?

Is great success when you buy a clownfish on Friday and it lives long enough to get it out of the bag without jumping on the floor and it is now next Tuesday but it ate a flake on Monday Is that great
Success"? Or did you buy a Moorish Idol because you saw it eating Hamburger Helper in the store and the store owner assured you the fish has been eating this for 6 months so you got it home and although it is covered in spots and is nauseous so you put Prizapro on it and it is still alive after 3 days.

I don't know but "Success and Great Success" should mean different things. To me, "success" is if you buy a fish and a year or two later it is alive and healthy. That means the fish is eating and thriving, disease free and seems healthy. But "Great Success" is only when you buy a fish, it eats right away and eventually, if it is a pair, it spawns and keeps spawning for it's entire presumed lifespan which in fish can be anywhere from 4 years to 40 years. If you have a clownfish and it is 10 years old, you are successful at keeping that fish. But is that same fish lives
30 or 40 years, that is great success because clownfish live into their 40s.

If a person lives 30 or 40 or even 50 years was he successful? I don't think so because a humans presumed lifespan is somewhere around 80 so anything else is a failure.
If we say we have great success at something, some people may get the wrong impression. As fa as I know, no one with a home tank has ever kept a moorish Idol for it's presumed lifespan which is "probably" 15 or so years. I kept one for five years which is a dismal failure.
I think we really need to pick our words more carefully.

Like if I say I am a real hunk of a Man and a great catch. I may be lying. :rolleyes:

44santababy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
If you are born and live for 1 second. Congratulations, your a success and a survivor! Millions don?t get the chance. Me being 42, means nothing more than luck than the 1 second human. It?s all about survival. Some just have bad luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44santababy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0

If a person lives 30 or 40 or even 50 years was he successful? I don't think so because a humans presumed lifespan is somewhere around 80 so anything else is a failure.

QUOTE]

Paul, you should reread this paragraph. It?s not right. You need to thank who ever u thank for your SUCCESS. Your success means you only got lucky. Nothing more my friend. If you were born with palsy, would you have been an electrician. Would you be with your wife? You were dealt a lucky hand and played your cards right. Nothing more.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I didn't mention me as being successful or not. Luck may or may not have anything to do with Great Success. But Great Success to means means that is the Best thing that can happen as there is no greater success than Great success except maybe Super Great Success.
So Great Success means the fish, or whatever you are talking about is the best scenario that it could be. Anything less is just success or failure.

44santababy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Pearl Harbor, my apologies. Not being sarcastic or attacking you. Just giving you my views. By the way, after I graduated college I went straight into a army recruitment. Showed him my shoulder and he said don?t bother. Nypd said the same. Became union member.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: