ScottsTot

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

New here and learning to get ready for my first setup. How's the water quality in NYC? I'm trying to pick out an RODI unit from BRS but don't know which one is sufficient. I'm looking at the 4 stage with the TDS meter but if a 5 stage is needed, I'll go for it.

Also, anyone ever have any issues having big tanks in their apartments? I'm thinking about a 40 breeder with a 20 gallon sump. If possible, I might go up to a 50 gallon cube with a 20 gallon sump. I'm getting ready for a move soon and I'm afraid that I won't be able to keep my tank if my new place prohibits it.

MaraMotts

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
NYC Water is hands down the best imo. Be careful with the move or new apartment in NYC as most buildings will prohibit aquariums of any size. You can always add additional canisters of di to your ro unit if needed.

IBernE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I live in an apartment in the fourth floor in Jamaica Queens. I have a 40B with no sump. I really want a bigger tank with a sump but im scared of the weight lol I

ScottsTot

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mixed answers..hmmm..makes sense since every place is a bit different. I'm stuck on whether or not to start piecing together a setup for a Nuvo 50 or 40B hoping it's not futile lol

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Depending on how long til your move. Why not wait and just gather equipment for the build? Buy things with best resale value if you need to take a loss.

ScottsTot

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on how long til your move. Why not wait and just gather equipment for the build? Buy things with best resale value if you need to take a loss.

yea that's what I'm trying right now. I'm collecting things that are going to be useful in any kind of setup....RODI system, ATO, Refractometer, Salt, Water Change Pump and Hose, Buckets, Testing kits, etc.

I want to buy some stuff for a 40 or 50 gallon setup but don't want to take any losses since I'm trying to keep a budget :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: