Jazeel55

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I noticed that my tank was starting to a appear cloudy. My week was extra busy this week was I wasn?t able to really problem shoot until 3 days in when I noticed my skimmer was working. So a Retuned skimmer and did 20 gallon water change. The tank started to clear up until I noticed this in my over flow
ac4b55e440b45c2e48a9e202ed07ed69.jpg
eb081b123ed16525d741eeef3e93921b.jpg
e9c5f02513d7af6b29692089d306ec99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Wow...whats the consistency of that? Looks more like grease when it solidifies in water.

Is it only in the return area?

I don't know what it is...but I'd imagine removing it is a good way to start. Water changes every day for a few days too. And get the skimmer up and running or at least some nutrient absorption media.

Hope someone can ID it.

Jazeel55

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yes it?s grease not sure what it is. I cleaned it out doing a few waters to get most of it out of water. Could it be a build up of some sort since skimmer was down. The coral and fish don?t seem to be that much affected they are visably not happy. I also have a sea apple but it?s alive not sure if it farted

Jazeel55

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
About a year. It was running fine no issues until the skimmer crapped out. Everything I used to eliminate the stuff is now greasy buckets, nets, my hands felt greasy it just so strange indeed. The upside is my elegance and clams seems to really enjoy the tank being cloudy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: