Nycreef

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Wow interesting info, my corals will be ok you think for 4 weeks no lights??

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I never said turn lights off. Lights stay on at normal schedule.
Ove Feeding is the biggest thing you should be worrying about and Patience.
All your Acros, Lps, Softies, clean up crew, shrimp, lobsters, ect will not be affected by any of this.

rcdude1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I never said turn lights off. Lights stay on at normal schedule.
Ove Feeding is the biggest thing you should be worrying about and Patience.
All your Acros, Lps, Softies, clean up crew, shrimp, lobsters, ect will not be affected by any of this.
Got it, you out turn off list for 4 weeks so I thought auto correct went from lights to list lol

Nycreef

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Lol, you'll be happy with the results but remember this is something that's done when all else fails. If anything else that is causing the algae it will come back. To keep it in check you have to diligent in your care, feedings, water changes, water quality ,ect.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rcdude1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
update, i did a water change as the hair algae got way outta control,
took a really strong bristle brush to ALL rock. really scrubbed the ones that had no coral on it at all. placed in a separate bucket and i have a power head and heater in the bucket. its about 3-4 lbs of rock, 7-8 pieces
then i scrubbed the rocks with coral but carefully using a toothbrush and the big brush to make sure i dont hurt the coral.
replaced 2 caps of fluconazole and i cut my light hours to 3 hours.

also turned off skimmer

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
What do u have as far as a clean up crew? I added 10 hermits and a emerald crab, they wiped out any trace of algae in 5 days.

Also had some green cyano that was spreading fast...put in red slime remover, within 48 hours it was gone.

Last edited:

rcdude1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
What do u have as far as a clean up crew? I added 10 hermits and a emerald crab, they wiped out any trace of algae in 5 days.

Also had some green cyano that was spreading fast...put in red slime remover, within 48 hours it was gone.
So it's very crazy, I had bought 5 snails a month ago.... and from my deep cleaning yesterday... all of them dead, all of them had the inside fall out, I took them out of the water and they stunkkkkk like rotten eggs
I tried hermits and they died and snails they died

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Few basic tips. Do you have TDS reading out of your RODI.Make sure DI is changed. You said your changed all filters. Add about 10 snails. They will eat that algae. I see your running GFO. Continue that and I don't see coralline algae on your rocks. Do you have that growing in your tank. Did you start that tank with dry dead rocks or LR. No more water changes unless your TDS are Zero. You running a skimmer if so are you getting good amount of gunk? Sounds to me you don't have a good bio load of bacteria since you have one fish. Add bacteria and remove as much of algae and good flow. Next are the lighting. No more than 8 hours. Peak 4 hours. Forgot if your using LED. If so no higher 60%.

rcdude1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I shall check my rodi di reading and I'll pick up a TDs meter. The rodi has one built in and it reads 0 output.

You guys think I don't have enough? Meaning my tank is too clean?

LEDs yes, running for 3 hours currently. I guess what your saying is correct as my Kenya tree is not as full as it used to be. I'll start adding bi-daily reef food I have
a9fc07a22517bd3dedc0b339a5ed385b.jpg
80977332f71cee170939f73bea8f45ad.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: