Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Photo Gallery Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2018, 07:16 PM
Reefer Ratings: (25 (100%)
Friends: (13)
edge2011 is online now View My Gallery Send a Private Message
Just a quick update on this.

I bought a standard Y adapter and then for the rodi side I have a valve to control the water.
On the washing machine side, it’s always on.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2018, 09:22 PM
Reefer Ratings: (42 (100%)
Friends: (15)
evoIX_Reefer is online now View My Gallery Send a Private Message
When you use a float valve to auto shutoff RODI. It stops it but does it cause the membrane to exhaust quickly?

Sorry to hi-jack the thread and it looks like you got your initial answer so expanding on this thread.

I saw only 200 gal before I had to change out my filters and membrane. filmtec 75gpd RO membrane - setiment - (2) 1 micron coconut carbon blocks - membrane then DI. I am seeing 400~tpms in and 0out....25-30tpms out of membrane - 0 out of DI. As you would guess, I run through DI fairly quickly as membrane is exhausted. I mean 60$+extra DI every 3 months is more than I thought I would have to spend on RODI unit. That's not counting the extra water expense.

What is everyone else's experience?
Old 04-17-2018, 07:03 AM
Reefer Ratings: (25 (100%)
Friends: (13)
edge2011 is online now View My Gallery Send a Private Message
No need to apologize. I’m curious as well. Currently I’m making water as I need it but also curious if adding a float valve puts added pressure on the membrane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2018, 06:52 PM
Reefer Ratings: (10 (100%)
Friends: (0)
theMeat is online now View My Gallery Send a Private Message
When the float switch goes off, a minute or 3 later, the unit shuts down.
The white squarish box with 4 tubes going into it is the hi/low shut off that makes that work. It should be changed when you change your membrane. If your water pressure to the unit is low that could make the Hi/low shut off work slower. If your water pressure is low it can also make the membrane get dirty faster.
You should be getting about 4 to 1, waste to product, which is easy to check