acolaojr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Can anyone help me with my Cyano outbreak I?ve been trying to tackle it for over a year now and nothing seems to work. I am using the zeovit system and I cant use Redslime remover. Ive tried everything from water changes to physical removal to adding a bunch more water flow. I tried all of zeovit products from Coral snow, cyano clean, zeozym.
Water parameters are:

Nitrates 0
Phosphates 0
PH 8.20
DKH 7.1
Salinity is 1.025
180 gallon tank
2 MP40s
1 MP10
2 Hydors
1 Tunze
Lighting is RadionG3Pro

greg 45

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I went back to some old articles on the subject on the pages here .
They were recommending Special Blend from Microbe-lift.
It works as designed after about 5 week in I am down to 10% of what my system started out with. You need to still be aggressive about removing it .

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Do you dose any source of Carbon ?
Vinegar , Vodka, Bio-Pellets ?
Nitrate , PO4 is zero ? Not good, you shut have some Nitrate 2 to 5 ppm and PO4 0.02 to 0.05 , did you try black out , for 3 days ?

acolaojr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I like the coral color and growing result from using zeovit and I am still using it. Unfortunately, I can not get rid of the cyano bacteria and Ive just had no choice but to accept it. I've increased waterflow moved rocks etc. Cant get rid of it.

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I like the coral color and growing result from using zeovit and I am still using it. Unfortunately, I can not get rid of the cyano bacteria and Ive just had no choice but to accept it. I've increased waterflow moved rocks etc. Cant get rid of it.
Do u have a deep sand bed? Is it live? I have both. The tabk is only running around 7 weeks but I'm worried to start because KZ recommends a bare bottom or 1" "dead SB...maybe for cyano issue? It does seem to be up my alley for control over nutrients, color and growth.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Yea stop using it and try from there. I'm about to do the same thing

+1
Most of the stuff from Zeovit smell like Vinegar ( Carbon source).
How you got zero NO3 and PO4 ( Not GOOD) ?????!!!!!
Cyano outbreak may be from Zeovit.
Stop using Zeovit, , blow the red stuff by using feed pipette, then NO light for 3 days.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: