juan71

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 88.9%
8   1   0
hi all reefers, i just got a reef tank set up 2 weeks ago,only rock and sand there now.local pet store check the water for me,and they said water was ok for corals and fishes,want to know what should be good to start with that isnt too hard to keep. thanks a lot!

CJRIZZOTTI

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't do it wait a little longer slow and steady is the key

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, 2 weeks isn't enough. I cycled my tank with pure ammonia to make it go quicker and it still took over 2 weeks to be fully cycled. If you think your tank is cycled and want to see some life in there add some CUC first. I would wait another week or two before adding any fish and some corals.

CJRIZZOTTI

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember pet stores are a business that will just try n push their products on you but id wait at least 4 weeks minimum then add a clownfish or something small to help build up the bacteria and keep the cycle going and as always test test test! This is a patient hobby yes their are tips and tricks to help speed things up here and there but the best way is letting nature take its course if you really feel like your set to start adding stuff id invest in copepods and let them flourish for a couple weeks and add a little phyto every couple days great for any saltwater tank and if you get a good population you can get mandarin dragnets and other blennies without the worry of them dying and as always study everything before buying

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

juan71

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 88.9%
8   1   0
thanks to all the reefers here! i end up buy a frag of pampam xenia to try yesterday, luckily it is still alive this morning. gotta wait little now,till this frag doing good,them i will buy more frags soon. thanks again everybody here.

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thanks to all the reefers here! i end up buy a frag of pampam xenia to try yesterday, luckily it is still alive this morning. gotta wait little now,till this frag doing good,them i will buy more frags soon. thanks again everybody here.
This is one of the hardier corals, but you're right hold off another week or two to see how this one does. I'd also isolate it from your main rocks because this is like a weed and will spread everywhere.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: