Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey guys so I took the cover off (literally) my RSM250 and in place mounted some hydra hd 26s ...problem is now I am left with an unsightly ledge where the skimmer, chiller returns etc all can be seen ...

Anyone good with creating a custom acrylic or plastic box structure so I can cover up the area ??

Open to any suggestions !!
06a5ab63323648de8e983ff71a255017.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You mean in hood itself ? I?d like to preserve hood if possible in case I upgrade in the future ... I was thinking of putting lights into hood and notching a circle for fans but again once I do that I have to sell hood that way ...

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
You mean in hood itself ? I?d like to preserve hood if possible in case I upgrade in the future ... I was thinking of putting lights into hood and notching a circle for fans but again once I do that I have to sell hood that way ...
Sorry, miss read that one. I thought it was a newer red sea tank with the cover for the back chambers.

Anyway, I'd try and just customize sone acrylic to make a cover, like the newer versions if it really bothers you.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This is turning into a tank thread lol , I actually may just chop the entire section off and box out the skimmer now and hide the wiring better ....:spin:

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Chopping the ledge off today - will post pictures later ... if the tank wasn't so centrally located for everyone to see i would have probably left it but it doesn't look normal for a tank to have this high panel in rear

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: