Antf

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anyone ever been? any reviews?

First some background: I, fairly new to the hobby I have a 125 gallon. Its been up since December. I only hav 5 fish currently (2 clowns, a female lyre tail and 2 green chromis). i haven't had much luck with orals sine my nitrates were high (30-40). Ive done a huge water change and added pure block and bacteria. nitrates are low, but Im not ready to buy anything expensive yet.

soo, i am thinking of getting some livestock (male lyre tail, possibly some tangs and etc). i could get these without going to the show. Unless the prices are great. Ill just be 'window shopping'.... But I'm curious to see if its worth the visit. Or if its a waste of time at this stage.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
First welcome to the hobby. Reef A Palooza is certainly worth going. You will find designer clownfish. Also some variety of hard to get fish. But not ideal to go to just buy fish. I would recommend going but if buying fish your only reason I would say know. Reef A Palooza has many reasons to go. Go to YouTube and watch other RAP see if you would like it. It's a once a year event that if your into the hobby it's worth going.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
You should absolutely go. There are few things better for a new hobbyist to do than go to hobbyist events. Don't get caught up in the marketplace aspect. Go to have fun, learn and meet other hobbyists. They have lectures, workshops, freebie giveaways and tons of eye candy. It will give you ideas for the future, and it is pretty impossible not have a good time. Drop by the Manhattan Reefs/Reefs.com booth and introduce yourself. We'll have some promotions and opportunities to win some free stuff. Many other booths will too.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
You should absolutely go. There are few things better for a new hobbyist to do than go to hobbyist events. Don't get caught up in the marketplace aspect. Go to have fun, learn and meet other hobbyists. They have lectures, workshops, freebie giveaways and tons of eye candy. It will give you ideas for the future, and it is pretty impossible not have a good time. Drop by the Manhattan Reefs/Reefs.com booth and introduce yourself. We'll have some promotions and opportunities to win some free stuff. Many other booths will too.

+1,
You will see thinks , touch , ask about , learn, may be one day you want to have it, in my case i see only one person sale a frag of Walt Disney ( $ 600) i buy it, now i got 7-8 colony and 42 frags ( NOT for sale) , you may see NEW lights, pumps etc. how works. You should go , may not be the best place to spend all your $ , but ask and get the right answer for some products help a lot.

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
+1,
You will see thinks , touch , ask about , learn, may be one day you want to have it, in my case i see only one person sale a frag of Walt Disney ( $ 600) i buy it, now i got 7-8 colony and 42 frags ( NOT for sale) , you may see NEW lights, pumps etc. how works. You should go , may not be the best place to spend all your $ , but ask and get the right answer for some products help a lot.
+2

Speakers are usually good as well.

Lots to never stop learning.

Great networking arena

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0

How do I get behind the table? :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: